Subject: Modified Rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Neil
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Picked this up at a thrift store. Missing Europe, but that was a happy coincidence as it made me come up with new rules to gain control of the continents. Now it plays a bit more like Risk Express. There's a good game in here, with nice cards. If anyone's interested shoot me a PM and I'll let you know the mods I made.

For a two player game I also bumped up the continents to 9 (two for Africa and two for Asia) to make sure most of the deck was used.

Lock and load, Brother Gunn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brother Gunn wrote:
Picked this up at a thrift store. Missing Europe, but that was a happy coincidence as it made me come up with new rules to gain control of the continents. Now it plays a bit more like Risk Express. There's a good game in here, with nice cards. If anyone's interested shoot me a PM and I'll let you know the mods I made.

For a two player game I also bumped up the continents to 9 (two for Africa and two for Asia) to make sure most of the deck was used.

Lock and load, Brother Gunn

Can you post your variant idea here? I'm about to donate this game, unless your variant can bring new life to it. We rate the original as a 2. Though we may have played it wrong. (we had the continents face up).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey everybody,
If you get a chance to try out these mods I hope you like them. Basically the game plays the same, but you have different requirements to grab each continent.

This is what's necessary to grab each Continent:

Africa - Win this continent without using any mind control cards higher than 3 points.

Antarctica - Win this continent using only two mind control cards.

Asia - Win this continent with 5 points in mind control cards and 5 points in giant robots.

Australia - Win this continent using only even numbered mind control cards.

Europe - Win this continent using at least two mind control cards in sequential order.

North America - Win this continent with 8 points in mind control cards and 2 used special cards.

South America - Win this continent using only odd numbered mind control cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Tomaszewski
United States
Cincinatti
Ohio
flag msg tools
Neil can you post up a copy of the rules. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Schinnell
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Alan - I also found a copy of this in Goodwill with no rulebook!

I'm going to tweak the original rules anyway, by using both this variant and the other one I found here on BoardGameGeek, which is to have each player use separate stacks towards claiming continents; both of those ideas combined should make this a decent game after all!

P.S. V L, you were playing it wrong - the continents are supposed to be facedown so players don't know what they're bidding on!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.