BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades » Game Valuations

Subject: Original set of D&D rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Chenoweth
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
I have a boxed (labled as Original Collector's Edition) set of rules for D&D. 3 booklets of rules and 1 booklet with tables. They are in excellent condition, no wear on the box.

Value?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Robert

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill the Pill
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You'll need to describe the box better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bernhardt
United States
saratoga springs
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DrFlanagan wrote:
You'll need to describe the box better.

Agreed, there is no way to know with the information supplied. A picture would help too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Vogel
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
robert952 wrote:
I have a boxed (labled as Original Collector's Edition) set of rules for D&D. 3 booklets of rules and 1 booklet with tables. They are in excellent condition, no wear on the box.

Value?

I believe the "Original Collector's Edition" was released as part of D&D's ten year anniversary. I remember picking one up just for old time's sake. It's got "Original Collector's Edition" inside a sort of starburst, right? However, those first three books are quite rare, even in the collector's edition.

I'd suggest checking some of the used game sellers that advertise here on the 'Geek. If they have a copy, you can at least see how much a store thinks it's worth. I think you could get some decent bucks for the set, though I really can't give you a ballpark figure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric M. Aldrich I
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Depending on condition -- $50 to $150. This is by far the most common of these sets (white box, starburst), but it's still fairly rare in the grand scheme of things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.