Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon "that sci-fi guy"
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep that's right - not a typo - a 2 minute game.

My wife and I had already played 3 games of this (in this session) and, unusually for her, she was pushing to play more. Each game goes for anywhere between 15 minutes to maybe 25 minutes. I don't remember ever going through the entire deck of country and transport tiles.

Anyway we were obviously already setup. I shuffled the tiles and dealt them alternatingly, and ended up with 6 countries that were next to each other on the board and in the correct order (days 2-7). It was one of those games where everything she discarded was exactly what I needed. Once I got the Day 1 sorted in my first turn, I only had the last three to worry about, which appeared to have no connection at all with what I already had. That is until she played a country that was the same colour as what I already had there, which I promptly picked up. On my next turn - the first turn of the game which I touched the supply deck, I got exactly the transport I needed, game over! I checked the clock before and after the game and 2 minutes had passed. Interestingly, she only needed two more tiles herself to be complete, and so after doing so well herself was shocked when I declared my win.

In fact this session report has taken longer to write than the game took to play. We played one more game after this which was slightly longer (at 7 mins) which she won easily.

This is a fun little game and although you would want to play it too often, it's a nice one to have in the collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Wilkinson
United States
New Castle
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
When asking "What would Jesus do?", remember that flipping over tables and using a whip are within the realm of possibilities.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, Simon,

I had a similar experience with a 10 Days in Asia session.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/342027
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Johnson
United States
Vernon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was in a 10 days in Asia game that was won in the initial country placement, before an]y turns were taken. And yes, she did place the tiles one at a time and according to the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Whitfield
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is common for me and my daughter to get 3 or 4 games in in 15 minutes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.