Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

This is a very quick contest. Tell me what this story is about and if you get it even remotely close I'll give you 5 geekgold.

The name of the story is Charlie the Trouser Monkey and the Man in the Big Yellow Baseball Cap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: A Geek Gold Contest... win 5 GeekGold.
It's about a trouser monkey, named Charlie, and a man who is wearing a big yellow baseball cap.

Am I close?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wmshub wrote:
It's about a trouser monkey, named Charlie, and a man who is wearing a big yellow baseball cap.

Am I close?

So far you're at the head of the class... which isn't saying a whole hell of a lot. Good job though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quijanoth
United States
Crown Point
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is part of the Bi-Curious George series.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Herman
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's about the desire to get a thread transferred over to rSp without it really being your fault.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
it were: "the unceasing & ongoing 'misadventures' with Bifurcatious George & 'Turdblossom'!" robot
EDIT: the 'cap' were "pee-stain'd"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
mbmbmbmbmb
mbourgeois wrote:
The name of the story is Charlie the Trouser Monkey and the Man in the Big Yellow Baseball Cap.

This is a Pixar movie starring Charlie - a hapless chimp who wears trousers (voiced by Steve Carell), and The Man - a hilariously racist robot caricature of a pimp from the 70's (voiced by Will Smith). They ride around the world in a big curmudgeonly yellow baseball cap the size of a house! The cap is voiced by Wilford Brimly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hiding Tiger
Australia
Parmelia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Grrrrrrrrowf!
badge
Grrrrr aaarrrggghhh
mbmbmbmbmb
mbourgeois wrote:
This is a deeply moving story about the evils of capitalism.Charlie is a poor boy working in a sweatshop making trousers. A "trouser monkey" is something like a "code monkey", except sewing trouser seams rather than writing code. The Man in the Big Yellow Baseball Cap represents the consumers in the capitalist countries which take advantage of poor trouser monkeys like Charlie to ensure a supply of cheap clothing, while in complete denial about how such items of clothing can be produced so cheaply. Man in a Big Yellow Baseball Cap visits the poor country where Charlie the Trouser Monkey works in virtual slavery, and the two meet after Man in a Big Yellow Baseball Cap's rickshaw runs down Charlie's sister, on her way to take over from Charlie as Trouser Monkey on the night shift.

This is a life changing event for Man in a Big Yellow Baseball Cap, who on his return home insists on buying only Fair Trade trousers, even though they are more expensive. Meanwhile, Charlie has to work 24 hours a day now because his sister's injuries left her unable to work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hopefully becoming a restaurant owner soon! Peter Melanson
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's the story on how Mike is the most awesome person ever!

Submarine.

Jello.

Tripe.

Bacon.

Sandwich.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendrick Martin
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mbourgeois wrote:

This is a very quick contest. Tell me what this story is about and if you get it even remotely close I'll give you 5 geekgold.

Ah yes, childhood favorite.
Charlie the Trouser Monkey, born in 1972, ventures forth from the Trouser jungle in search of bigger and better pants. The Man in the Big Yellow Baseball Cap is a fan of.......the....yellow.....guys baseball league and is trying to get on as one of the coaches. Together the two team up for a comedy of errors and a tragedy of jokes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
the difference between a "crowd" and a "mob" is one push
mbmbmbmbmb
The man in the big yellow baseball cap was nervous. His trouser monkey had been acting up, making him do things he normally would not. Now he stood in the playground, breathing a contented sigh, Nothing to see but the ice cream man.

"Yes, Charlie," he said to the monkey, "a little ice cream would be good about now."

The monkey screamed, clutching to the man's leg. It had been a while since the creature had had any ice cream. Well, not since the last doctor had prescribed those pills for the man and let him piss without pain.

"One banana split, my good man," he said, as he approached the ice cream truck. It was playing 'Pop Goes the Weasel'. The monkey hated that song.

"That'll be $8.50," the pimply faced ice cream man replied, handing over the plastic bowl.

The syruppy smell got the monkey excited. The man handed over the money, as Charlie dropped the man's pants and leapt at the bowl.

The ice cream man yelled.

The police came, and arrested the man in big yellow baseball cap. He was charged with letting the monkey out of his pants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Collins
United States
San Rafael
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Its a sordid story about Charlie the Trouser Monkey, a monkey journalist and his "lawyer" Fank Kamulangwadunga, AKA the Man in the Big Yellow Hat. They travel from LA to Las Vegas to do a story on captive monkey's driving a convertable with a trunk full of wiskey LSD and monkey tranquilizers. All the while driving through bat country.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will post the story later this evening and then award the prize. Thank you for participating... it's been very disturbing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Charlie the Trouser Monkey and the Man with the Big Yellow Baseball Cap

Once upon a time there was a Trouser Monkey named Charlie. Charlie was a government trained monkey who assisted people in putting their pants on when they couldn’t. He had been asssigned to the Man in the Big Yellow Baseball Cap who for now we will call the Man in the Big Yellow Baseball Cap for short.

The Man in the Big Yellow Baseball Cap had a Trouser Monkey because he had two razor sharp hooks in place of where his hands used to be. He told Charlie often about his old job, “the one where I’d stalk teenagers in the park and draw my claw hands down the sides of their car. Man that was the life let me tell you… and now all I do is make balloon animals.”

Charlie said, “Ook, oook!”

Yeah I know said the Man in the Big Yellow Baseball Cap… so I suck… it’s not like you can do anything about it can you?

Charlie grimaced in excitement at the Man in the Big Yellow Baseball Cap and excitedly told him, “Ook, ooook ok. Oooook Okoook ook ook!”

“What!”, the Man in the Big Yellow Baseball Cap said to Charlie. “Do you really mean you used to be a Balloon Monkey before you retrained to be a Trouser Monkey… that’s incredible! Do you think you really could help me?”

Charlie looked at his nails and blew a loud raspberry. He patted the Man in the Big Yellow Baseball Cap on the side of the head and motioned for him to get the car keys. “Oook, Ook… oko ook ook OOOOK!” Charlie said not without some pride.

“Best in the USA, you say…” the Man in the Big Yellow Baseball Cap considered this while getting the keys. “But what about those soviet sputnik chimps… didn’t the…”

Charlie was at the Man in the Big Yellow Baseball Cap’s throat in a moment and only said one word, “OOOK!”

“Sorry, Charlie, I didn’t know… I’m really sorry.” the Man in the Big Yellow Baseball Cap bowed his head and they left to drive down to the park.

They drove slowly down the city streets enjoying the breeze in the air and before too long they arrived at the park where the Man in the Big Yellow Baseball Cap had his job.

“Oook kkkkook Oook Ook?” said Charlie.

“Awe Charlie, it’s embarassing,” the Man in the Big Yellow Baseball Cap said to the monkey. “You know I don’t work well under pressure… what if I pop the balloon?”

Charlie blew air from between his teeth and again patted the Man in the Big Yellow Baseball Cap on the head… ever so gently. He motioned for him to continue and so the Man in the Big Yellow Baseball Cap did… although not without a little hesitation.

The Man in the Big Yellow Baseball Cap took a balloon delicately in his hooks and tried to blow air into it… it slowly grew under the gentle pressure of the Man in the Big Yellow Baseball Cap. Just as it reached the length to start making balloons the Man in the Big Yellow Baseball Cap got overly excited and the balloon phizzled from between his pursed lips and flew through the air rapidly deflating until it ended up on a Bocce players head.

Charlie looked at the Man in the Big Yellow Baseball Cap for a moment and then knocked on his head with a sharp rap. “Ook OOOOOK? Ook, ook ook ooookkk ookkook. Ook Ook oook ok!”

‘What do you mean take my socks off’ the man protested? My feet stink. “oook, ooooOOOK ook ok!” the monkey intervened somewhat sarcastically.

The Man in the Big Yellow Baseball Cap looked at Charlie and said not a little defensively… ‘It’s flop sweat… I don’t want to screw up!’

After some prodding the Man in the Big Yellow Baseball Cap took his shoes off and wrapped them around his hooks. He looked very dubiously and complained that it made him look really dumb!

Charlie ignored the complaints and made a ‘get on with it’ gesture.

The Man in the Big Yellow Baseball Cap drew out another balloon and stretched it out to fit. Slowly he pushed air into it through his pursed lips and the balloon grew slowly but surely in a long yellow balloon. Charlie ooked something under his breath and the Man in the Big Yellow Baseball Cap looked at him in shock. Charlie made a scrunchy motion and the Man in the Big Yellow Baseball Cap slowly and with continuing wonder made a huge yellow weiner dog. Charlie clapped and hooted and danced all around the Man in the Big Yellow Baseball Cap. At all this noise a mother and her two little girls came over to see about all the commotion. The Man in the Big Yellow Baseball Cap blushed a bit but asked haltingly… ,”Ma’am, would your little girls like some balloon animals today… I’ve just been learning how to make them and I think they might enjoy them?”

The woman smiled at him and both the little girls clamoured for fairies and unicorns and all sorts of things.

For the rest of the day and all the days after that the Man in the Big Yellow Baseball Cap or Mitchell as he came to be known could be found at the park doing what he loved best with his best friend in the whole world… Charlie the Trouser Monkey.

Congrats wmshub... you were the closest to what the story was truely about... enjoy your prize.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.