California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Surprisingly this game didn't have a Microbadge considering how long it has been out!

So here's one for the fans!

Warangel fan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Did you buy it, then?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gschmidl wrote:
Did you buy it, then?

No, not yet. I haven't played the game yet but considering picking it up. I got Warangel Card Game & Warbeast last week. Boards & Bits had them in stock so added them to an existing order I had. My biggest concern is the huge cost to get Warangel. Now that I have Warangel Card Game & Warbeast that gives me part of what I need for 20 armies but still need ref cards/maps to make them work with Warangel. And Warbeast counters have to be mounted. So trying to decide on the cost of getting everything is worth it. The game seems cool though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
You don't really have to mount anything, and it greatly reduces your cost if you are willing to cut the countersheets yourself.

I think with that you'd come to EUR 12 per army, times 8 for the generations translated into English (9/10/11 aren't translated yet, except for the Persians and Spartans), plus shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelo Porazzi
Italy
Milano
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Ciao Scott, thanks for the microbadge

Try to help you:

Just to want note the age of that two games you picked up:
- Warbesat 1998, was my first selfproduction
- Warangel Card Game 2002, first home made game created and illustrated by same author picked up by Hasbro Italy for mass market distribution, a little miracle.
Now we are in 2009 and Warangel has improved A LOT in materials, with the new prepainted woodencounters coming from Spielmaterial.de
"ready to play": no cut, no paste, just choose and play, following the service Create YOUR Warangel.

I just suggest 2,3,4 races of your interest and simply order them with THESE NEW MATERIALS.
My hint (if you are interested in Warangel) is not to put money in old games but simply order few races with 2009 materials, to appreciate the game as it is available now:
http://warangel.it/WAbox.html
Every interested gamer allover the world JUST CONTACT here
anporaz@libero.it
and we work out together your Warangel Order with the Races and Maps you wish to receive at your home.

Write me
Ciao
Angelo Porazzi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Gunther & Angelo.

I agree, Angelo, after reading the rules for Warangel Card Game & Warbeast I can see what you mean. The rules translation isn't the best and checking your army list the number of units seems to have changed with all the armies since these were made. I'm hoping the new edition of Warangel has better translations and sounds like better balance. I sent you an email and want to order a set, looking forward to hearing from you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelo Porazzi
Italy
Milano
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to you Scott for writing me here
anporaz@libero.it
to me is much more easy read and answer.
Your
-Ghosts
-Ninja
-Mistics
-Tearers
-Gods
-Northerners
armies, have been sent this morning to US
Do like Scott: if you are interested in this 13 years old, still requested worldwide, home made wargame... just write me:
Create YOUR Warangel
http://warangel.it/WAbox.html
just like Scott did!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Hey Scott,

ScottE wrote:
I'm hoping the new edition of Warangel has better translations and sounds like better balance.

...and if they don't, you'll have to (maybe) blame me -- I re-translated around 50 races, but I don't know which translations you get at any given point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gschmidl wrote:
Hey Scott,

ScottE wrote:
I'm hoping the new edition of Warangel has better translations and sounds like better balance.

...and if they don't, you'll have to (maybe) blame me -- I re-translated around 50 races, but I don't know which translations you get at any given point.

I just got my copy yesterday and looks great. The armies on the wood bases are really nice & the maps are beautiful. Posted a few images of them. And the translations seem much better then Warangel Card Game & Warbeast. Haven't finished reading it all but generally not too hard to comprehend, though some of it makes me smile!

I put up in the file section a Race Checklist which I found very handy. It would be cool to have a Terrain Guide too, like on Page 14 of the manual. Wonder if Angelo would consider posting that page as a PDF?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelo Porazzi
Italy
Milano
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Ciao Scott
Your second order including Chelates, Eagles, Pirates, Egyptians, Nightlies, Samurai and the two extra copies of Page 14, is on the way. Hope you receive it soon.
Thank you for your comment:
"I just got my copy yesterday and looks great. The armies on the wood bases are really nice & the maps are beautiful"
Really glad you appreciate
Angelo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.