Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michelle Zentis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I know -- it's a simultaneous action game, so there's already minimal down time. One thing that really speeds up our games, however, is eliminating the competition for the resource chits by giving each person their own stash:

These little bead storage trays cost about $2 each at Michael's, and they speed the game up A LOT (as I notice whenever I play somebody else's copy with a shared resource pool). Instead of having to figure out where the tree bucket is and/or waiting for the guy across the table to finish with it, you can just reach grab your bead tray and start planting!

Of course, the resources are still shared, so if one person runs out then another must fork over some chits.

It also speeds up clean-up. We don't stress too much about making sure that each box has the same number of each chit -- everybody just puts the chits closest to them in their box.

EDIT: The chit trays fit nicely in the box, too, even stacked two high.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Short
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep hoping someone develops a semi-automated digital version of this game. Trying to stack so many tiny chits on those tiny spaces can be a total pain, I constantly worried I'd slip up and mess up the board.

Love the game, just want to cut down the fiddliness involved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bsushort wrote:
I keep hoping someone develops a semi-automated digital version of this game. Trying to stack so many tiny chits on those tiny spaces can be a total pain, I constantly worried I'd slip up and mess up the board.

Love the game, just want to cut down the fiddliness involved.
Well, your group could always sit around a computer with the Java version....

I also don't really mind the fiddliness - only bothers me when I send a tree skittering across the landscape, and have to play Where's Waldo to find it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.