Michele Mura
Italy
Pisa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everybody!

I'm posting this note after nysmoke's comment about the game. To start, I'd like to thank him for the criticism because It's a really good one, it made me think.

Yes, you're right. Sometimes, at the end of the game, you don't know what to do because the "three tiles row" is useless for you and you can't play something good. But I wish to say something about this:

This happens to all games that ends with the "end" of a resource (a deck of cards, a deck of tiles and so on...) but in Lungarno there's something different..

You may keep up to five tiles in your hand. Try to keep something useful (like a shop) till the end of the game. It's very important for you to have a merchant in the last district so you can do a good action even even with your last action. A single family shield palace can be very good to play inside a district where you have your merchant (on the matching shield, obviously!). And remember to pay also attention to towers and plazas.. A very strong move combines merchants inside the district and merchants outside...
If you don't have a merchant in the last district, a graveyard instead may become very useful!

Try not to concentrate on one district only at the half game. If you are the only player inside a disrict, only you will play inside it and this may slow down the come back of your pawns. You don't have any free merchant when the game is approaching the end, you'll lose the opportunity to enter inside the last closing districts.

Let me know what do you think about it...

Thanks
mm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Mura
Italy
Pisa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some BGG users did complain about the end of the game so why don't you stop here and comment my post?

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.