Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Georg von Lemberg
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen lots of sites where you can play against other people. Problem is, most of the games I am not familiar enough with to know how to play even passably well. I'd like to try some of them out against a computer opponent to see what they are all about before I go challenging other folks. None of the sites that I have been to offer this option (unless I am simply not looking in the right spot) can any one suggest an online gaming site or two that let's me play games (mostly Euro-type) vs. a computer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Welborn
United States
Anderson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers #1
mbmbmbmbmb
Try this geeklist:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/8323
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Dean
Australia
Earlwood
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Although they seem to be having some tech problems atm, a great site for play is

http://www.gametableonline.com/index.php

Once there, almost all the games can be played solo against the computer. The computer is not very good mind you (except robo rally where it is a genius!) but great way to learn the rules and interface.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg von Lemberg
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. this is very much along the lines of what I was looking for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also a version of Agricola that you can play solo, from your desktop, but I can't remember where I got it. blush Hopefully someone else knows where you can get it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
mbmbmbmbmb
Try here for the solo game:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/8323/item/781391#item7...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg von Lemberg
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MajorOracle wrote:

Thanks, this pointed directly to Agricola, one of the games that was on my mind actually when I posted this. Have never played yet. Though I hear it is good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonty
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great thread to the OP, I was just thinking the same thing. I want to learn new games but hesitant to play online versus someone and drag down the experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg von Lemberg
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A big thank you to everyone who replied with suggestions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.