Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
312 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [13] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: The Millenium Orchestra and the Cacophonic Symphony (Basic 9 Player) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Here to Help!
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
The Computer is your Friend
mb
The Millennium Orchestra and the Cacophonic Symphony

With only a week remaining before they would be preforming in front of the Emperor at the Millennium Festival, the conductor had been pushing his orchestra harder than ever on his latest masterpiece. Tonight, the harps had finally blended with the woodwinds to create a gentle harmony while the strings surged forward with the impressive melody. The entire piece flowed along in a symphony of perfection until:

SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Somewhere, a violin gave off an unearthly sound that was quickly followed by short, violent notes. Other sounds heaped on top of the first until the concert hall was filled with such a cacophony it seemed the building would collapse from the sheer power of the noise. Yet when the conductor looked at his orchestra, the musicians seemed to be playing the gentle notes of the thirty-first measure. The conductor signaled for the orchestra to stop playing immediately and the foul combination of instruments slowly faded away long after that last flutist had lowered his flute.

Wiping the sweat from his brow, the conductor cleared his throat and spoke:

"Yes, um... Let's take it back at the top of measure twenty-five."

He raised his baton and the orchestra played beautiful music again.

Somewhere in the concert hall, spirits of the Cacophonic Symphony grinned evilly to themselves.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is a 9 player basic game of Werewolf with an orchestral theme. Layout shamelessly stolen from Valkerie32.

This is my first time modding a WW game, I hope the basic nature keeps me from screwing anything up too badly.

Good Roles

The Conductor (Seer)

The creator of the piece, the Conductor has been given the honor of conducting the Millennium Orchestra. Standing in front of the entire orchestra, the Conductor is able to search for the origins of the unearthly music. Every night, the Conductor views for Cacophonic/Not Cacophonic. The Conductor receives a random negative view on N0.

Soothing Harmony (Hunter)

This underlying harmony can take almost any piece of music and blend with it, creating a beautiful song. If two players are alive at the end of the game and the Soothing Harmony is one of them, Good wins.

4 Musicians of the Millennium Orchestra (Villagers)

Regular members of the Orchestra that must use their finely tuned ears and reasoning to locate the source of the Cacophonic music.

Evil Roles

2 Spirits of the Cacophonic Symphony (Werewolves)

The Spirits have possessed two members of the Orchestra and are bent on seeing the performance fail. The Spirits know each others identity, and may private message/chat without restriction. Each night the Spirits choose one member of the Orchestra to drown out.

Off Beat Tempo (Sorcerer)

The accomplice to the Spirits of the Cacophonic Symphony, the Off Beat Tempo has cursed one musician's ability to keep time. The Conductor often has to go out of his way to correct this musician. Every night, the Off Beat Tempo views one player for Conductor/Not Conductor. The Off Beat Tempo receives a random negative view on N0.

Victory Conditions

Good wins if both Spirits of the Cacophonic Symphony are eliminated, or if one of the last two remaining players is the Soothing Harmony. The Off Beat Tempo does not need to be killed for Good to win.

Evil wins if the Spirits of the Cacophonic Symphony achieve parity with the Orchestra. The Off Beat Tempo does not count as a Spirit of the Cacophonic Symphony for parity purposes.

Lynch rules

Each day, players vote for one person to be removed from the Orchestra. The player with the most votes will be eliminated (lynched). If there is a tie, the player with the longest held last vote will be eliminated.

Lynch time will be 6:00 PM BGG time. Posts time stamped 6:00 will be counted, posts timestamped 6:01 and later will not.

Night Actions

Roles with night actions (Spirits, Tempo, Conductor) must submit night actions by 9:00 PM BGG time.

Roles are revealed on death.

Important Information:
Tiebreaker: LHLV
Lynch time: 6:00pm
Night Action Deadline: 9:00pm
Weekend Policy: This game will not run over the weekend.
No Scripts, no generated coded material, you know the drill
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
Dekal
Dispaminite
ElAdoranSureshot
Jeremiah_Lee
LuckayLuck
Poolyxpop
StatSig
TheBannister
Valkerie32

9 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/3940...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val K
United States
Bowie
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc
mbmbmbmbmb
If I didn't know I'd always miss lynch due to me being in transit about then every day I'd have already signed up for this.
kiss looks cool sparky!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Here to Help!
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Valkerie32 wrote:
If I didn't know I'd always miss lynch due to me being in transit about then every day I'd have already signed up for this.
kiss looks cool sparky!

Lynch is negotiable! ...Sort of. blush

My schedule isn't very consistent from day to day but these times I'm more or less guaranteed to be free. I can push the times to be later if that works better for people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
This looks fun. I think I need to practice on simple games again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra, and boy is my violin tired. (does that joke even work here?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Here to Help!
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Jeremiah_Lee wrote:
I just signed up on Cassandra, and boy is my violin tired. (does that joke even work here?)

Absolutely

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue (They/She)
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, last game I'm signing up for for now, I promise. The theme's too cute.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Musically delicious

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Here to Help!
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Wow, this is filling up faster than I thought it would laugh

Does anyone have a problem starting when it fills, or would you rather wait until the start date? (April 13th)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue (They/She)
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheSparky wrote:

Does anyone have a problem starting when it fills, or would you rather wait until the start date? (April 13th)

I'm fine with starting when it's full. Not like I have a dissertation I'm supposed to be working on or anything. Heh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
StatSig wrote:
TheSparky wrote:

I'm fine with starting when it's full. Not like I have a dissertation I'm supposed to be working on or anything. Heh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
StatSig wrote:
TheSparky wrote:

Dissertation? What dissertation? Technically, mine's an undergrad thesis. But I'd prefer if we could wait until Monday to start, or even just Saturday.

By the way, Ben, I am following along with that online BGG game of yours. You guys make it look so fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue (They/She)
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ElAdoranSureshot wrote:
By the way, Ben, I am following along with that online BGG game of yours. You guys make it look so fun!

It is fun! Other than WW, BSG is the second game I've played by forum on BGG (the first was a game of Shadows Over Camelot run by the guy who's playing Lee Adama in our BSG game), and I just love the role-playing and trash-talking that goes on in them. BSG probably isn't the best by-forum game, as can be seen by the huge stall we hit whenever interrupt cards can be played, but it's still a good time. :3 We probably just won't reach Kobol until July at this rate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh Captain! My Captain!
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.

God's sake that sounds newbish. Well, rightfully so, I suppose.

Hi, guys, I'm a newfagnewfang devil

-- A newfagnewfang trying to find some good werewolf games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Here to Help!
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Dekal wrote:
I just signed up on Cassandra.

God's sake that sounds newbish. Well, rightfully so, I suppose.

Hi, guys, I'm a newfag devil

-- A newfag trying to find some good werewolf games

Good to have you Dekal I hope this game is what you're looking for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Here to Help!
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Okay, the game has filled, and it seems like no one has a problem starting early. But just to make sure, I'm sending a letter to everyone to make sure that they're okay with starting early.

If no one has a problem, I'll assign roles and first lynch will be Monday, April 6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Room for one more
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Oh my god. A game is starting without me? It's been like 15 games since that's happened.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaldar wrote:
Oh my god. A game is starting without me? It's been like 15 games since that's happened.

Your not in the game? Who the hell am I suppose to vote for???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue (They/She)
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dispaminite wrote:
Kaldar wrote:

You might actually have to think about who's Evil instead of just trying to kill Kaldar this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val K
United States
Bowie
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc
mbmbmbmbmb
I apologize for the non game related posting here, but any chance you guys want to run thru a very quick automod to test cassie. like, once we start and get the test done we just keep locking actions in to get thru the game super fast?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Room for one more
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Dispaminite wrote:
Kaldar wrote:

It's okay Disp. Your spelling kills my soul all on its own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue (They/She)
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaldar wrote:

His speling seems fine. I dunno whats you're problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StatSig wrote:
Dispaminite wrote:
Kaldar wrote:

You might actually have to think about who's Evil instead of just trying to kill Kaldar this time.

Well, now thats just crazy talk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Room for one more
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
StatSig wrote:
Kaldar wrote:

His speling seems fine. I dunno whats you're problem.

The sad thing? That's disp's normal spelling give or take.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [13] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.