Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alain Xalabarde
Austria
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb

Hi all.
I just finished uploading one of my games: Delivery!
It's about fast food restaurants battling to get customers and deliver their nice and healthy foods (burgers, pizza, burritos...). Expand and build more restaurants to destroy your competition.
I made it a print and play game with few components. Check it out and try it, and please, please, please, let me know what you think. I really need feedback (good or bad - specially the bad feedback, that way I can fix it and make it better).
Thanks and hope you enjoy it!

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/41413

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Lallatin
United States
John Day
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where do we download it from?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Bieg
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
designer
For starters, can you post the game in a pdf format? That way it can be printed easier.

k

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Walkley
United Kingdom
Birmingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I second Kurt's comment.

Put it up as a single download on the game page, preferably as a PDF and I'll print it out, test it and give you some feedback (it may not be quick though as I am in the middle of moving house and starting a new job).

Maybe start a thread on the page for feedback comments too.

Looks like it could be a fun game.

Having a few game ideas on the backburner myself, I always applaud and support those who get a working prototype together and send it out into the big bad world of public critique!

Well done on getting this far and good luck for the rest of the journey.

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Xalabarde
Austria
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Sorry, I'm new at this.
Thank you for letting me know though!
I have uploaded a downloadable file with all the components to make it easier to print (it's in rar format) while I figure out how I can place everything in a pdf format.
Hope this helps. Let me know if the rar format is enough or a pdf would be better.
I will also put up a thread on the page for people's commentaries.
Thanks a bunch! And thanks for the encouragement!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom anonymous
United Kingdom
Birmingham
flag msg tools
mb
I've just read the rules from the image, sounds like it could be fun. You should be able to import those images into open office (which is a free open source office suite) and export it as a pdf. I expect you can do this with ms office and whatever mac provide as an office suite.
one tpyo in the last paragraph of the left column of the rules - loose (which means to be or set free) should be lose (to get rid of). Common mistake which riles the pedant in me :).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Grimes
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yarasmodai wrote:
Sorry, I'm new at this.
Thank you for letting me know though!
I have uploaded a downloadable file with all the components to make it easier to print (it's in rar format) while I figure out how I can place everything in a pdf format.
Hope this helps. Let me know if the rar format is enough or a pdf would be better.
I will also put up a thread on the page for people's commentaries.
Thanks a bunch! And thanks for the encouragement!

If you have Open Office (it's free), you could import the files as pictures. Open Office will let you export anything as a PDF. That would be my suggestion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Walkley
United Kingdom
Birmingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yarasmodai wrote:
Sorry, I'm new at this.

Don't apologise, you are doing a great thing! I'm looking forward to trying your game.

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Xalabarde
Austria
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
So, there is a PDF file (courtesy of gamesnight, thank you) ready for people to download and give the game a try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TC Petty III
United States
Carlisle
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
XENON PROFITEER 2015!
mbmbmbmbmb
I was reading the rules and i'm confused.

Why is it called a "pick-up" when you have to roll for delivery?

The way I read it; each turn everyone rolls one die to see who picks up the order, which I assume means that "a customer calls in an order for delivery". Does that mean only ONE order is placed per turn, while everyone watches the player who won the pick-up, roll for delivery?

I hope that isn't the case, because here's what I see happening after one turn. Everyone spends $2-$3 on advertising, and either picks the $1 or $2 price level on the meal because it adds bonuses to the pick-up roll. 1 person succeeds on getting the pick-up and makes a few bucks, but now everyone else is crippled for cash and just try to make very lucky rolls in hopes of gaining cash quick without any investment.

Seems like in the end we are just rolling a six sided die and hoping it's the best result, especially if you're in last place, since nothing but luck will ever help you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Xalabarde
Austria
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I see what you mean. The delivery sequence is quite quick though, so players don't have to wait much (it's simply rolling the distance and trying to match it in 3 rolls).
And what I've experience from my playtests is that when people have enough cash, they usually have their price on $3 (since they can invest or buy a restaurant that will raise their chances, otherwise, if you get the order for $1 you don't get much money), and players with no money desperately put their prices at $2 or $1. It also depends on if a player with no money suddenly gets a 6 meal order, which suddenly puts them on the lead (specially if they get tips too).
Since it all has to do with dices, probability influences the game, but so does luck.
Sometimes it feels a little like monopoly though, where someone is making a lot of money and the other is bankrupt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TC Petty III
United States
Carlisle
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
XENON PROFITEER 2015!
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I was thinking. Someone could get an early lead and ride it to victory.

I'd recommend some sort of balancing mechanic that gives players a reason to buy a restaurant, but also makes it harder for them to get pick-ups when they do. For example, when someone chooses to buy a restaurant, maybe they'll make more money when they get a pick-up, but they cannot choose to sell a burrito in the first slot for $1. Or, maybe the amount for a restaurant becomes more expensive as you buy them. You could print a $10, $20, and $30 amount in the spaces to buy restaurants, so it becomes harder and gives people more opportunity to come back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.