United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
www.istroyworking.com
badge
www.istroyworking.com
mbmbmb
I'm looking for a good MMO that is either very cheap or free. It can be any genre or type. Any good suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Before getting into the hardcore stuff, my son and I played Dungeon Runners (a spoofish game of WoW/Diablo) which wasn't half bad.

There's also RuneScape, but the lousy graphics (isometric Flash type thing) take some getting used to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Davidson
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
www.istroyworking.com
badge
www.istroyworking.com
mbmbmb
I have played RuneScape and it was ok. I think I have seen Dungeon Runners. I'll have to look into that one again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jennings
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
MMO is a very broad term. Are you talking specifically about RPG's? For example, I love music games and so I play this MMO sometimes: Audition Online

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Davidson
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
www.istroyworking.com
badge
www.istroyworking.com
mbmbmb
thermogimp wrote:
MMO is a very broad term. Are you talking specifically about RPG's? For example, I love music games and so I play this MMO sometimes: Audition Online

It is a very broad term. I am looking for any type of MMO. I just want something. I'm fine with fantasy, sci-fi, historical, non-game (like the one you mentioned),...

Basically, I want to play a game where I have interaction with others. Doesn't matter what that interaction is. Just something that I can jump on a few times a week and waste some time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pakpreo
United States
Cambridge
MA - Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Puzzle Pirates is my MMO of choice. It CAN be free, but playing free takes a long time to actually get to the good stuff. I play on the subscription oceans rather than the micropayment oceans. It's very social and there's generally something to do at all hours. I haven't played in a while, but I go back a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple of my friends used to play Guild Wars and it's free. I believe you have to pay for expansions but, the base game with updates is still free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
bentenrai wrote:
I believe you have to pay for expansions but, the base game with updates is still free.

No. The base game is standard $40-$50 and always has been past the first month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Toontown is fun for a little while (or a long while if you have kids).

It's a Disney-themed game. It's not very social though, because communication is tightly restricted since it's a lot of young kids.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Tucker
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
A game is a series of decisions; a good game is a series of interesting decisions
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
bentenrai wrote:
I believe you have to pay for expansions but, the base game with updates is still free.

No. The base game is standard $40-$50 and always has been past the first month.

Not sure what you mean by "always has been past the first month".

Additionally, you can get all three of the base games for less than $50, or the first two games for less than $20 each, the third for ~$25, and the expansion for a bit over $20:
http://tinyurl.com/Guild-Wars-Amazon-Search

Playing the game(s), once acquired, is free for as long as they keep the servers up, which is purported to be as long as there is a population to support it. Based on current in game population that will easily be at least until Guild Wars 2 (or whatever they end up calling it) is released, and, depending on how different the sequel is, well beyond it's release.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Davidson
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
www.istroyworking.com
badge
www.istroyworking.com
mbmbmb
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I'm going to check out Guild Wars and Dungeon Runners.

Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.