Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Cheese Chasers» Forums » General

Subject: Is 220 the max possible score? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I like board games more than most people.
United States
Northlake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
When I die I want people to look at the condition of my games and say, "Man, he really played these alot."
mbmbmb
Mice points - 20
Surrounded Cheese points - 180
Cheese Bonus points - 20

Granted, this is an extreme case arrived at by non-random picking of cards.

Can this be beat?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bran mcmillin
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it is possible. There are certainly enough cards to accomplish that, but those Cats are awful crafty.

***edit spelling***

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Northlake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
When I die I want people to look at the condition of my games and say, "Man, he really played these alot."
mbmbmb
kjamma4 wrote:
Mice points - 20
Surrounded Cheese points - 180
Cheese Bonus points - 20

Granted, this is an extreme case arrived at by non-random picking of cards.

Can this be beat?

Upped to 224 due to 24 CBPs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Sanhueza
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After making up my set and failing miserably to get higher than 53 pts after several plays, I set up this layout, which I think is 226 pts if someone can double check my scoring...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Northlake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Rats (or should I say mice). I figured out on Friday that you could get 226 but I couldn't post from work and I forgot over the weekend.

Yours looks similar to mine - three sets of two cheese and one set of three and it does equal 226.

Nice job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David

Catalunya
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've tried some different combinations, but I think that 226 is the highest possible score.

Now, let's see if someone can make it in a normal game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bran mcmillin
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doing that I think would be an AMAZING EVENT.

Could this mean that the puzzle of ULTIMATE CHASE has been cracked?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Almarr Ormarsson
Iceland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess the guys posting in this thread have already figured out that 226 is indeed the highest you can score but I made a little "proof" to show it:

To get the highest score in CC it should be obvious that you have to surround every cheese in sets of at least 2 (So you get the double 10 points).
Furhtermore you can see that to get most points from the mice touching cheese bonus it is best to keep the cheese in sets of 2, because than you can touch every cheese with 3 mice. Sets of 3 or more have at least one cheese that is only touched by 2 mice.
Since there are 9 cheese in CC we split them up in 3 sets of 2 and one set of 3 cheese. The cheese bonus will then be 8*3+1*2=26.

The total is then:

180 (For the surrounded cheese)
+ 20 (Active mice)
+ 26 (Cheese bonus)
------
= 226

Miguel has already shown us that this is possible so I guess the puzzle is solved! Now we only have to wait 'til someone gets the dream chase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.