sean johnson
United States
Edinburgh
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The website Kotaku.com is running a contest, where they asked readers to submit there best board game trash talk. The editors then picked their top ten favorites for the readers to vote on a winner. Given the audience, the games referenced are all of the variety that can be found in Wal-Mart, but some of them are are still funny:

1."Here's a seven point word for you: FAIL."

2 "I'd challenge you to a game of Connect Four, but you know, first you have to be able to count to four."

3. "See, this is why I like board games. When I am kicking your ass in one of these, you don't mysteriously disconnect with 'internet problems'."

4. "You, with a board game in the living room. Thats the only way you're gonna beat me with Clue."

5. "Maybe you should stick to playing Sorry, because that's what you are!"

6."You're so bad at monopoly I sunk your battleship."

7. "Good news, you sank a battleship. Bad news, it was your own."

8. "Colonel Mustard. In the ballroom. With your MOTHER."

9: "Oh I'm Sorry I thought we were playing Candyland not some little kiddie game."

10. ˙dıɥsǝןʇʇɐq ɹnoʎ ʞuns ʇsnɾ ʎןqɐqoɹd ǝʌ,ı 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı"

The original post http://kotaku.com/5189539/pick-the-best-board-game-trash-tal... be found here:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
August Larson
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Haha! Those are pretty good? I would have liked to read some about games found on the 'Geek. Here's some I just came up with, so they're kinda dumb. But I'd like to hear what anyone else could come up with.

You're so stupid, you think Twilight Struggle is about vampires.

Your mom's a Cylon.

Yeah, they were really dumb. I told you. Now let's hear some better ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thumbsup to 6 and 8.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Jome
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
SeanXor wrote:

4. "You, with a board game in the living room. Thats the only way you're gonna beat me with Clue."

I actually use something like this all the time.

If I am gaming in the basement at the game store and I have say a bottle handy, I'll say "Me, in the basement, with the bottle" and glare at the other person.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Conroy
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny stuff,

Other thought: Anyone else feel like boardgamers should set up re-education camps so people realise there are other types of really great non-massmarketed games available for purchase besides Sorry, Clue, Battleship, etc...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.