Dan Hodges
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Gentleman,

Just to let you know that the web site is now on line, and taking pre-orders.

The link is http://fifthcolumngames.com/

Fifth Column Games is the embryonic name of the game company that is bringing you this fine offering.

As I've said in other posts, please be aware that we are not yet in a position to start sending out the game; our current production schedule is looking at a June/July release date, but I'll keep you posted on every stage of the production process from here on out.

Thanks for your patience, I know a lot of people have been waiting a long time to get the opportunity to order WTID, and I trust you'll enjoy the end product.

Dan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Pre-ordered! Poking around the game site, I see Mark M's '82 birth date is making you feel old.

Don't be silly, boy. I already had a gray hair when "Squad Leader" came out, so enjoy the rest of yer youth.

The war broke out in the spring of my intern year. It really seemed a bit of far-off junta silliness until the Belgrano went down. I still remember the subsequent "Newsweek" cover photo with the header: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK.

I also remember one commentator, replying to a reporter's amazement at the aggressiveness of Argentine pilots: "What do you expect. Argentina makes some of the best race drivers in the world."

Anyway it's a subject that still fascinates and it is quite interesting to see the resurgence in interest these days both in your game and in the feedback response to ATO's two-player game proposal ("A Most Ungentlemanly Act").

Will look forward to further announcements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Hodges
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Looking forward to ATO's offering.

You wait years for a Falklands/Malvinas game, then two come at once...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim P.
United States
Thousand Oaks
CA
flag msg tools
Visit the Wargame Bootcamp guild
badge
Muppet !
mbmbmbmbmb
Any info on US distributors yet ?

'82 was when I left school and joined BAe, it was buzzing with the post Falklands afterflow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Hodges
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
publisher

Tim,

At the moment we're planning to distribute direct.

I'll keep you psoted on any interest from general distributors.

Dan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.