Subject: Return to arkham question... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Owen Sieber
United States
McMinnville
Oregon
flag msg tools
I'm looking forward to having some real talk with some real folks!
badge
Hi, I'm Matt, A radar technician.
mbmbmbmbmb
Amanda is the first player and had a gruling battle with a monster that left her with 1 sanity... then during the mythos stage, she was sucked into Yuggoth after the gate opened under her feet... THEN the mythos card stated that the first player MAY return to arkham. The player that controlled her wanted to return her to Arkham asylum and not to the location the gate opened up. I told them that he had to come up where the gate to that location was opened. He disagreed with me and said he should be able to come into arkham in any location. We searched the rule book and could not find a rule that stated that he had that option.

When you are given the choice to return to arkham, do you have to return through the gate you went through, or to any location in arkham? We decided that he had to come through the gate he entered from.
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
I *think* she can return to Arkham at any Yuggoth gate.

Generally speaking, whenever there is an unclear rule in Arkham Horror, we always rule it to the player's disadvantage, because that's what Lovecraft would have wanted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Maxwell
United States
Burtchville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cferejohn wrote:
we always rule it to the player's disadvantage, because that's what Lovecraft would have wanted.

Well played, sir.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
model359 wrote:
When you are given the choice to return to arkham, do you have to return through the gate you went through, or to any location in arkham? We decided that he had to come through the gate he entered from.
Thanks

It MUST be a gate (since there can be 2) that lead to the world you are in. If there is no gate, then you go to LiTaS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Anderson
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For rulebook reference, this isn't explicitly stated in the base game rulebook, but in the FAQ in the Dunwich rulebook this is stated which covers this situation:

Quote:
In general, whenever you "return to Arkham," you reappear at a gate that leads to the Other World you were in and gain an "explored" marker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owen Sieber
United States
McMinnville
Oregon
flag msg tools
I'm looking forward to having some real talk with some real folks!
badge
Hi, I'm Matt, A radar technician.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info, then we played it right. I looked in the base rules and the Kingsport expansion FAQ... maybe I should have looked at dunwitch as well... blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why . . . I dream of things that never were and ask why not
mbmbmbmbmb
Your friend may have gotten confused by the rule that allows an investigator to return to any Arkham location from Lost in Time and Space.

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.