Popular Tags: [View All]
.308 Jake
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey. I can't make up my mind which one I want. Which one is more fun? Which one is easier to explain? It seems like explaining games to people is all I do lately haha. Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you like fins or fur?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
Neither of them are super complicated. Aquaretto has a few more wrinkles, so I guess it is marginally more complicated, but the wrinkles probably will keep it interesting for longer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Both are easy to explain. I personally find Aquaretto more interesting because of the spatial dynamic that is added into the game where you have to be careful how you position your water loving creatures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aquaretto is better, I think. There's the space management that Larry mentions as well as the meeples/worker placement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
montag 66
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think there is really one winner here. They both are fun games. It may come down to the age of your gamers. I think Zoo is a bit easier for the younger gamer (my daughter is 6) due to it's defined space for the enclosures. The spacial management of Aqua was a bit confusing for my daughter at first. To be honest though, we only play them now together not individually so I say get both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Aquaretto is, to me, the better version to get.

For the sake of those to come I will mention that the combined game is WAY more trouble than its worth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
montag 66
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
apotheos wrote:
Aquaretto is, to me, the better version to get.

For the sake of those to come I will mention that the combined game is WAY more trouble than its worth.
What is this "trouble" of which you speak?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Herman
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aquaretto is better. Aquaretto is meaty enough to be a serious, if light, game. Aquaretto would have been a deserving winner of the SdJ.

Zooloretto is unimpressive. It is bulky, expensive, and takes 45 minutes to play, while offering no more fun or strategy than its older, leaner sibling Coloretto. (Coloretto is my #2 game, but when you spread out the same amount of fun over three times the time, I like it a lot less.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julie Lemonde
Canada
St-Hyacinthe
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
http://www.dragonsnocturnes.org/
mbmbmbmbmb
Zooloretto have more expansions available than Aquaretto.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zooloretto is a good deal easier to explain IMHO. Also Aquaretto is missing the reference cards which is a problem for new players.
Which one is better is hard to say. Aquaretto offers more freedom and tactical possibilities. However, the lack of freedom in Zooloretto forces tactics in itself. I'd say I slightly prefer Zooloretto, tho neither would be me favourite game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stef Pauwels
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It will also depend on the audience I think.
I played Zooloretto with my 8 year old daughter. No problem, she understands the rules and sometimes offers challenging strategies.
I do think Aquaretto might be a tad too difficult for her atm though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.