Tim Korchnoi
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
My Little Man's first real wargame play: Barbarossa Solitaire
mbmbmbmbmb
I have now acquired both of these games and I am looking to learn the system. The Gulf Strike appears to have a high number of countries involved in the scenarios and I was wondering if learning Aegean Strike first would make Gulf Strike any easier to comprehend and play?
Regards,
Tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Wright
United Kingdom
Nottingham
England
flag msg tools
Hornet Leader - Carrier Air Operations
badge
Herge's Adventures of Tintin!
mbmbmbmbmb
Gulf Strike has a scenario that can played out on only the strategic map which is probably a good place to start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Knowles
United States
Willowick
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correctamundo,alcazar.However,I think Aegean Strike is easier to get into and there aren't as many counters to handle,but you get the same rules and system as Gulf Strike,just a different geographical area.

bikerboy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Wright
United Kingdom
Nottingham
England
flag msg tools
Hornet Leader - Carrier Air Operations
badge
Herge's Adventures of Tintin!
mbmbmbmbmb
I played the games when they first came out so Gulf Strike got table time before Aegean Strike. Gulf Strike struck me as having more 'triphibious' action in the basic games with the challenge of establishing the US presence over the area as assets became available in-theater. By contrast, Aegean Strike seemed more of a land game with the Strike air & sea system bolted on. Which could well mean its easier to get into as the main action is more conventional, although arguably not as interesting and not as good a vehicle for the system as Gulf Strike.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.