Bump in the Night» Forums » Rules

Subject: Scare & Drawing Cards Questions. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have played a couple of games, and really enjoyed it, especially once I'd found some of the rule clarifications here.

But still stuck on a couple of questions if anyone can help please.

1. In the Scare phase. Is this optional ? If you have one of your monsters in a room with girls can you choose not to scare, or must you always scare if you are able too ? ( I assume this question doesn't apply to the Goblin who could choose to hide ).

2. Drawing Cards when your monster is used to scare by another player.

In the scare rules it says "Each player may only draw one card per player's turn for each monster used, so if a monster scares multiple people, only one card is drawn.The player whose turn it is never gains cards this way."

I take this to mean that if, for example, The Red player starts the scare by scaring two girls, if the two girls move into a room with a blue bat the blue player recieves one card. If the two girls continue into another room containing a blue ghost the blue player would recieve one more card.

Is this correct ? The reason I ask is because on the glossary page of the rule book under Drawing Cards it states : " A player draws a card at the end of thier turn in which they scared at least one person. Players also draw cards when another player uses their monster to terrorize a person. Only one card is drawn per turn. "

In the rules it states players get a card for EACH monster used by another player, yet the glossary states only one card can be drawn per turn.

Thanks for any help
Dave.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Dimock
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Dave - Thanks for playing!

1) No - scaring is not required

2) You have it right in your blue bat, blue ghost example. It is the player whose turn it is that can only draw one card in the turn.

Hope this helps,
Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thank you Colin for the very quick reply.

Only played a few games so far, but been very enjoyable.

Thanks again,
Dave.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.