Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

My rules for Miner http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/41590 have been uploaded and approved. I'm looking for folks to dl the rules and check them for clarity. The rules are still missing graphics for the Mine Field Card but I'm hoping that my verbal description will be enough to get the idea across. The cards in question are still being worked to gain a more professional appeal then the prototype card. If you'd be willing to help out it'd be appreciated.

thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bentley
United States
Cleburne
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a chance you can post these rules as a pdf...I keep getting some error message about not being able to load the graphics, and it keeps messing up...

I finally got it to load, but there appeared to be no formatting, and was fairly hard to read. I don't know what the problem is, it may be on my end, but I did download it again and still got the same results.

Thanks,
jrbentley

P.S. This looks intriguing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jrbentley wrote:
Is there a chance you can post these rules as a pdf...I keep getting some error message about not being able to load the graphics, and it keeps messing up...

I finally got it to load, but there appeared to be no formatting, and was fairly hard to read. I don't know what the problem is, it may be on my end, but I did download it again and still got the same results.

Thanks,
jrbentley

I'll repost them tonight or ASAP as a PDF... just have to get home to get to it. I tried it myself though and instead of saving I just opened it and everything came through fine. Sometimes I think using a Word Doc makes things go a bit wonky.
If formatting appears to be a problem then it might be from your end or I might just suck as a ruleswriter.

thanks for trying to look at it though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bentley
United States
Cleburne
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mbourgeois wrote:
jrbentley wrote:

Thanks,
jrbentley

I'll repost them tonight or ASAP as a PDF... just have to get home to get to it. I tried it myself though and instead of saving I just opened it and everything came through fine. Sometimes I think using a Word Doc makes things go a bit wonky.
If formatting appears to be a problem then it might be from your end or I might just suck as a ruleswriter.

thanks for trying to look at it though.

The problem probably IS on my end, but I'm not sure what to do about it...I don't seem to have problems with pdf files though, so I don't know what's going on...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just posted the rules to your geekmail. No graphics but the rule content is certainly there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bentley
United States
Cleburne
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mbourgeois wrote:
I just posted the rules to your geekmail. No graphics but the rule content is certainly there.

Thanks Mike, I just saw the geekmail. I sent you a reply...Give me a day or so and I'll get back with you...

Thanks,
jrbentley
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kSwingrÜber
United States
Ridgefield
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb

(I'm assuming this'll be a print-n-play game?)

Anyways, started to read the rules (just to see what it's all about), and it wasn't until about page 4 or so that it occurred to me it's a solitaire game. And yup, sure enough the BGG entry tells me that, but it should probably be in the rules too...

I'll have to read the rules when I get a bit more time, but I'm interested in giving this game a try once you get the cards posted!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
(I'm assuming this'll be a print-n-play game?)

Anyways, started to read the rules (just to see what it's all about), and it wasn't until about page 4 or so that it occurred to me it's a solitaire game. And yup, sure enough the BGG entry tells me that, but it should probably be in the rules too...

I'll have to read the rules when I get a bit more time, but I'm interested in giving this game a try once you get the cards posted!

I know... one of the other respondents pointed it out to me. I really appreciate you guys taking the time to take a look at this... things I think are apparent aren't and I'm too clueless/well versed in the game to really realize that about them.
I hope you enjoy the rest of the rules. I'll be updating them after a week passes... hopefully that should be enough time to update them with everything that folks pass on to me and to PDF them so that there won't problems downloading the info.
Once the rules are set and I manage to get a working file for the cards set-up then I hope everyone on the geek will give them a try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
Casual Gamer
badge
You'll get over it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Geekmail sent. I wasn't sure if you wanted them posted in this thread or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ned Ludd
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I read the rules and hate to admit it but I don't understand the rule for S(peed) of the explosion.

Mike wrote:
The last letter S(peed) has a run of 0-5. S refers to the speed by which a dynamite when used on a mine card will explode. 0 is instantaneous and a count of 5 is shown by the activation or passing through of 5 mine cards.

The number of cards has already been destroyed by the H and V parameters. What cards are "activated" by S?

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ned Ludd wrote:
I read the rules and hate to admit it but I don't understand the rule for S(peed) of the explosion.

Mike wrote:
The last letter S(peed) has a run of 0-5. S refers to the speed by which a dynamite when used on a mine card will explode. 0 is instantaneous and a count of 5 is shown by the activation or passing through of 5 mine cards.

The number of cards has already been destroyed by the H and V parameters. What cards are "activated" by S?

Thank you.

I've had a request to rephrase that but I'll run it down for you Ned.

S(peed) refers to the use of dynamite. When you activate a dynamite then you refer to the mine card that you currently are on and check to see what it's S(peed) number is... let's say it is 4. That means the dynamite will explode in 4 movement periods. A movement period occurs when you move from mine card to mine card. Thanks for the question as it made me think a bit more about this. I'll add this to the revision for rules. Does that work a bit better for you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ned Ludd
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mbourgeois wrote:
When you activate a dynamite then you refer to the mine card that you currently are on and check to see what it's S(peed) number is... let's say it is 4. That means the dynamite will explode in 4 movement periods.

Time to run away? By the way, is it any safer on the edge of the explosion vs the epicentre?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ned Ludd wrote:
mbourgeois wrote:
When you activate a dynamite then you refer to the mine card that you currently are on and check to see what it's S(peed) number is... let's say it is 4. That means the dynamite will explode in 4 movement periods.

Time to run away? By the way, is it any safer on the edge of the explosion vs the epicentre?

Safer... no. Since you have no physical involvement in this you suffer no harm. However your equipment could be destroyed on Medium level and will be destroyed fer sure on Hard. I'd have to reference the rules but I think you lose your minerals in an explosion and cave-in as well.

(if not then I'm thinking I'll write it up that way.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.