Red November» Forums » Rules

Subject: Overheated card = no faint check? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phat Money
msg tools
OVERHEATED:
"All players must play a Grog tile if possible. Increase intoxication"

Since this card comes up during the Updates sequence and can effect all players who have at least one grog tile I was wondering if each player effected must also preform a Faint Check?

I've been playing it with no faint check because:
1. This happens after the Faint Check sequence during the Updates.
2. it'd be a pain to do a whole new update phase for every gnome that passed out due to this event.
3. Also the wording of the card suggests that all that's happening is you lose a grog tile and you are at a higher intoxication level.

So am I playing this card right or is it really possible for everyone on the Red November to faint all at once?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only the current player ever does a faint check if he has had grog. FAQ clarified this. Other players just get drunk(er) but don't attempt a faint check.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phat Money
msg tools
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Only the current player ever does a faint check if he has had grog. FAQ clarified this. Other players just get drunk(er) but don't attempt a faint check.

So this would mean the player who drew the OVERHEATED card during their Update sequence would have to perform a supplemental faint check, with the possibility of an additional Update sequence if fainted? A 5th and 6th Sequence?

TURN SEQUENCE:
1. Movement
2. Action
3. Faint Check
4. Updates
???5. Supplemental Faint Check IF used a grog on OVERHEATED event.
???6. Additional Update phase if gnome is passed out.

Or would a faint check not be required for that player since the Faint phase had already passed based on the order of sequences?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Martyn
United States
Guilford
VT
flag msg tools
EXCELSIOR!!!
badge
ZOMGALOMES!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
From the FAQ:

Q : Do all the gnomes have to make a faint check
after the Heat event card is drawn ?
A : We forgot to specify this in the rules, mostly
because this card was a last minute idea and was not
as tested as most others. Anyway, it's more simple to
have no faint check, since the card is already really
handicapping for the doomed gnomes.

There's your answer -- no faint checks for anyone. Good luck to your gnomes -- I'm still trying to win a game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.