Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geoffrey LeClair
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I have the following questions about gaining and using burst.

Plane A has 2 inherent burst and bcomes advantaged to plan B it gains 1 burst for a total of 3. Plane A then plays a card costing 2 burst to attempt to damage plane B. This leaves plane A with 1 burst.
Could plane A then be use this burst to play another card from this postion?

The only burst card plane A has left costs 3 burst. Plane A now maneuvers to a tailing postion gaining 2 burst since it had already gained 1 from the advantaged postion.
Could plane A then combined the 1 burst left from having been advantaged with the 2 just gained from becoiming the tailing plane and then play the 3 cost burst card on plane B?

Thanks
Geoff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
The answer to both questions is "yes".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Horinek
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
Dan Dare, 1950
badge
Stairway scare, Dan Dare, who's there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's say a plane A has 1 inherent burst, and it will do this:
1. It maneuvers into tailing position towards plane B, gaining 3 extra bursts. That is 4 bursts in total for plane A.
2. Then the plane A fires 1 burst at the plane B.

Since the rules say the inherent bursts are exhausted first (then advataged bursts and then tailing bursts), plane A cannot give up the tailing position, pick plane C as another target, and fire at it from the neutral position, because it has no inherent bursts any more.

If the plane A would have fired 2 bursts at plane B instead, it would exhaust the one inherent burst and the +1 advantged bonus burst, and so that it couldn fire form an advantaged position (at any target) after that on the same turn.

Am i right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.