Martin Stever
United States
Bainbridge Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played Scenario 12, Misty Mountain, last Friday. We were unsure how to handle Special Rule 1. REINFORCEMENTS. It didn't seem like all the unis available would actually fit in the space available without overstacking. How should it be handled?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
The reinforcements enter (as always) anywhere along the Allies edge of the map (Row 10). By Special Rule #1, the can also set up in or adjacent to hex A9. This gives 14 hexes for the 8 squads and no need to overstack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're also allowed to overstack if you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
DaviddesJ wrote:
You're also allowed to overstack if you want.

Not in CC:E - Stacking limits must be observed when placing reinforcements. (Step 5) under 6.1.2)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure enough. Shows how good my memory is. What was I talking about, anyway?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gray
United States
Watertown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are stacking limits enforced for initial setup, or can you overstack the setup, but then work it out (or pay the price) by the end of turn 1? (This question is not specific to Scenario 12, but fit the conversation well enough I figured I would avoid starting a new thread.) (Edit #2: first game was last night. Sorry for the newb question... I searched but couldn't find me answer.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone dalla Chiesa
Italy
Cassina de' Pecchi
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mb
furtherbum wrote:
Are stacking limits enforced for initial setup, or can you overstack the setup, but then work it out (or pay the price) by the end of turn 1? (This question is not specific to Scenario 12, but fit the conversation well enough I figured I would avoid starting a new thread.)

No overstacking during setup either. This is also in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Professorelm wrote:
No overstacking during setup either. This is also in the rules.

Specifically HS.4 if playing one of the Historical Scenarios, RS10~12 if playing a Random Scenario. (So in the Playbook, not the Rulebook.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gray
United States
Watertown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah-ha! More rules in the playbook -- I hadn't looked there. Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, they're not "more rules" but rather "the rules for setting up a scenario", which are placed immediately before the scenario section.

I can understand some folks may be eager to dive right in and set up and get going, but you really can't go wrong by following the setup sequence as-written at least once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.