Subject: Drawing Map Tiles (Once the Helipad tile is drawn) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Winslow
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Fellow Zombies!!! Lovers,

Just got this game this weekend and am totally loving it so far . . .

Question: Once you draw the Helipad Tile, do you continue to draw more map tiles? It seems that we're almost out of zombies at this point anyway and we can hardly fill the new tiles with them.

Personally, I think that you should continue to draw tiles as it places more bullets and life on the board -- not to mention the possibility of a last-minute shortcut to the helicopter . . . but my wife disagrees.

Any recommendations????

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I promise I will not kill you until you reach the top.
United States
Allen Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
Have you joined the 2017 Secret Cthanta yet?
badge
mb
We always keep drawing for the exact reasons you describe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennison Milenkaya
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't continue to place tiles then you may never find the right shop to put your Molotov or Grenade into play. Also, there is a possibility that there aren't enough zombies left to achieve a death-count victory. In some cases, you can even create a shortcut to the chopper for your shotgun guy. I don't see any great reason to not place more tiles. I can see some decent reasons but no great reasons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hackel
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the rules I played with last night, the helipad tile is explicitly on the bottom of the map tile deck, and is placed last.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I promise I will not kill you until you reach the top.
United States
Allen Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
Have you joined the 2017 Secret Cthanta yet?
badge
mb
In the first edition rules that was true. The second edition changed it. I don't remember what the exact new rule is, but you shuffle the helipad into a number of tiles (I think 4, but don't quote me) then put all 4 on the bottom.

It speeds up the game a bit and helps make it harder to game the arrival and placement of the helipad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Partin
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The rules also say that you can shorten play time by taking the helipad tile and shuffling it randomly into the BOTTOM half of the tile pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.