Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Glen Oakland
Australia
Inman Valley
SA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know you can't challenge across the column that the Zeus and Hera figures are in, but if say I had Zeus in play, and wanted to use Pegasus from my hand to (challenge) get my opponent to turn over the card in their first row, opposite my Zeus, could I ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kitcat
United Kingdom
Malvern
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the rules in front of me, but I don't see why you should not use a Pegasus to check any card in your opponent's front row. If you couldn't, then a devious opponent could hide their hostage right under your god's nose.

I had a highly enjoyable game of H&Z this weekend and I'm looking forward to the nex time I can get it to the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Oakland
Australia
Inman Valley
SA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well actually what happened was my daughter had the Hera figure in play and she used Pegasus from her hand to peak at my front row card opposite her figure, and whoops it was my Pandora. Tee Hee.
But I'm still out on whether that's legal. The rules are explicit about no challenges across the figures. But I wondered if Pegasus was the exception.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Glen,

Check out this FAQ here: http://brettboard.dk/games/faq/hz.htm

Quote:

Q: May a player who has his Hera or Zeus deployed in a column use a Pegasus from his hand to challenge the first card in his opponent's column opposite his figure? A: Yes.

If so, if Pegasus challenges the first card and it is Pandora are all cards and his god figure in the column lost? Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kitcat
United Kingdom
Malvern
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! That's pretty exciting. I didn't envisage that outcome. Glad to see my interpretation was correct, although I might have paused for thought in those circumstances. I guess that doesn't mean it's the end of the game, just that you don't get 4 actions anymore. And that isn't always a bad thing if you're starting to run out of cards.

What else got aced in the holocaust?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Oakland
Australia
Inman Valley
SA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for that, but but but David I always thought that you still got to use your 4 action points since you started the turn with a Hera or Zeus figure, even though you lost it to Pandora. That shouldn't change, surely it's the same as if you had your figure removed by Pegasus from the hand. Or did you mean, you don't get the 4 action points next turn?
Scratch that David. You obviously did mean from next turn on. I just read the Richard Borg FAQ and it says 'in the turn Hera and Zeus is played, the player gets 4 action points.' That was how we played it. But it did feel weird to my daughter and I, that after all that devastation she still had 3 of her 4 action points left.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Oakland
Australia
Inman Valley
SA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveKitcat wrote:
What else got aced in the holocaust?

I planted the Pandora to get her pesky Artemis, which I couldn't get because I had no Poseidon, Hades or Medusa's left. Worked a treat(she can't resist taking a peak with Pegasus). I only lost a Giant and Centaur. Worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Oakland
Australia
Inman Valley
SA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
paulmond wrote:
Hi Glen,

Check out this FAQ here: http://brettboard.dk/games/faq/hz.htm

Quote:

Q: May a player who has his Hera or Zeus deployed in a column use a Pegasus from his hand to challenge the first card in his opponent's column opposite his figure? A: Yes.

If so, if Pegasus challenges the first card and it is Pandora are all cards and his god figure in the column lost? Yes.

Great link to that Richard Borg FAQ site, I just printed it up.
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.