Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have all my games cataloged in my collection on BGG, as does my girlfriend. This is very nice to have. Its nice to be able to see all the games we own, and what we've been playing. Its neat to be able to link to the extended stats and get information about which games we haven't played, and recommendations of games to play next.

Its also so cluttered that its hard to sort through. "You should play next..." on extended stats shows games that I'll never play again, because its suggesting the 4th edition when I'm playing 5th edition now. I don't really care that I have 20 'unplayed' supplements for Car Wars, but I'd like to know which of my real games are actually unplayed.

So, I've been considering making a separate user for Lisa and I to store a nice clean list of only games that are remotely playable. No early editions of games we play later versions of, no expansions, no "got this years ago and definitely won't ever play it again". This would be a lot handier for 'what do we want to play?' and 'what are we playing'?

But, to be useful with extended stats, we'd need to record plays and ratings. That effective has two users giving a total of 3 sets of ratings and plays.

Anyone have a good idea for a solution to this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you tried your personalized recommendations with all the filters turned on?

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/user/StormKnight/recommendation...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No...but...not really relevant...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Manning
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
designer
err... I like boardgames!?!
badge
D'oh! I bought overtext even though I have nothing interesting to say.
mbmbmbmbmb
You could trade away the games you won't play again...

Hmm... does the "want to play" tag do anything useful? I've never used it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julie Lemonde
Canada
St-Hyacinthe
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
http://www.dragonsnocturnes.org/
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the "want to play" to identify the game I own but never play. So it's an easy way for me to quickly see how many game from my collection I've to try !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Faust
United States
Malverne
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're not using the category for anything else, you could try marking your outdated games as "previously owned" instead of owned or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.