Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have two requests for the players out there:

* A larger version of the german box cover for both Dominion and if possible Dominion: Intrigue

* Generic Tuckboxes for the kingdom cards

German Box cover: I have already written to Primoz Jakelj (piki) to ask for a higher resolution image. I want to make a box cover like Chad Krizan (chaddyboy_2000) did:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/41065

However, the image here on the geek is kind of small. Also, it would be nice to have the Intrigue image so that we can continue the image on the side of the box. I am using a cardboard long box from the Magic: The Gathering type cards, so my box is longer and needs more image on the side.

Second, I would like some generic tuckboxes for the kingdom cards. Manuel Pombeiro (Firepigeon) did a fantastic job with his tuckboxes:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/36753

However, those tuck boxes identify the kingdom cards all over the tuckbox which will not work below.

Recently I really liked the idea that Mark McEvoy (thatmarkguy) mentioned:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/3268036#3268036

He does not alphabetize the kingdom cards, nor store them in any order, or whatever. Basically, what he does is he does is he has a GENERIC packet for each set of 10 kingdom cards. He then pulls out the packets, shuffles them generically face down on the table, picks 10 and plays. The other 15 go in the box in any order. Clean up: Put each set of kingdom in a packet, and toss in longbox. No sorting.

Now, what I would like to see is this idea with the tuck box idea. Have a set of 25 tuckboxes for 10 (12 for the Guardens) which are all generic on all but one side. Then you shuffle the boxes and pick 10. Now, you could have the Kingdom title on one flat side if you wanted. That way you could pick out the predefined decks if you wanted to. Or just blank on all sides if that is what you wanted.

Any thoughts on doing this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Herman
United States
Seville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Solamar wrote:
Now, what I would like to see is this idea with the tuck box idea. Have a set of 25 tuckboxes for 10 (12 for the Guardens) which are all generic on all but one side. Then you shuffle the boxes and pick 10. Now, you could have the Kingdom title on one flat side if you wanted. That way you could pick out the predefined decks if you wanted to. Or just blank on all sides if that is what you wanted.

Wow. That would make set up and tear down so much easier! Let me know when you find a source for that!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Pombeiro
Portugal
Sao Joao do Estoril
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Solamar wrote:

In a minute this will be uploading!!! Sorry to take so much time!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
It's only been 50 minutes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeph Stahl
Canada
Grimsby
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.thebrickbrewery.com
badge
www.thebrickbrewery.com
mbmbmbmbmb
VinceHerman wrote:
Solamar wrote:

Wow. That would make set up and tear down so much easier! Let me know when you find a source for that!!!

Or better yet, just a cut out window over the name of the card, so that the kingdoms can go back in any box, but you can still see what deck it is if you flip it over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Firepigeon wrote:
Solamar wrote:
In a minute this will be uploading!!! Sorry to take so much time!!
OK, that is just simply amazing! Thank you! Any chance you could set it up like Jeph Stahl suggested so that a window shows through to the card title and there is NOTHING on the box? Heck all you need is a one blank tuckbox, and we print it 25 times (Then 25 more for Intrigue, etc.) Massively interchangable!

jstahl wrote:
Or better yet, just a cut out window over the name of the card, so that the kingdoms can go back in any box, but you can still see what deck it is if you flip it over.
Sweet Idea! Then you can use the same box no matter what expansion it is!

Also, I heard back from Primoz Jakelj (piki) to ask for a higher resolution image of the German Box cover. He said he does not have a higher resolution image.

So I will give 5 GG each out of my personal supply for a high res image of the German Dominion cover and the German Dominion Intrigue cover. If you want to contact me I can give you my personal email address since the duplicate image might not go through image mod.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeph Stahl
Canada
Grimsby
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.thebrickbrewery.com
badge
www.thebrickbrewery.com
mbmbmbmbmb

A quick paper prototype tuck box to see if the concept would work.

Sorry for the cell phone quality picture.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jstahl wrote:

Nice! It looks to work quite well!

I wonder if Firepigeon will do one with artwork generic to Dominion so they have a little bit of color even if they are all the same. Something like "Kingdom Cards" on the side and some artwork from the box?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
P.S. My Dominion cards are sleeved, so it would have to fit sleeved cards!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeph Stahl
Canada
Grimsby
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.thebrickbrewery.com
badge
www.thebrickbrewery.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Solamar wrote:
P.S. My Dominion cards are sleeved, so it would have to fit sleeved cards!

mayday sleeve sized please!

edit: correction of company name
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First set from Manuel Pombeiro (Firepigeon), without the window (Hold your thumbs up for when he posts, rather than me):

Note: This link may change. I may move the file over to the same page as the other tuckboxes listed in the first post above.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/41343

He is working on the windowed tuckboxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Pombeiro
Portugal
Sao Joao do Estoril
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Solamar wrote:
jstahl wrote:

Nice! It looks to work quite well!

I wonder if Firepigeon will do one with artwork generic to Dominion so they have a little bit of color even if they are all the same. Something like "Kingdom Cards" on the side and some artwork from the box?

Working on the PDF right now. Just hold it a bit more.

I'm using the back of the cards, so this is the more generic I can think of!! If anyone sends me anothe image I'll update it!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Pombeiro
Portugal
Sao Joao do Estoril
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm making the window set without testing shake so please someone do make a fast print and test it!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice job! I have moved all the files onto one page so that people can choose which ones they want:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/36753

Manuel: Note that if you upload any updates on the file page, you need to include the generic first paragraph because the game page always shows the description of the most recent file. Therefore I had to add some to the description.

Oh, and Manuel: If you make an update later, consider making one that is slightly larger for the 12 Garden cards. Either that or make all of them handle 11 cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeph Stahl
Canada
Grimsby
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.thebrickbrewery.com
badge
www.thebrickbrewery.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Firepigeon wrote:
I'm making the window set without testing shake so please someone do make a fast print and test it!!

I just tried the file with the windows

The boxes are a bit to small for the cards with mayday sleeves, both in width and in height.
about 2mm to thin and 6mm to short.
Since the pdf is set to A4 (I believe)
I had to rotate one of the images and print in photoshop. I believe I still maintained the proper scaling.

ps. hows do these tuck boxes close? should I cut a slit in the front for the diamond to tuck into? If so, why is there a half oval?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Firepigeon wrote:
These look to be a fine fit with the YuGiOh sleeves I have. However, the window for the text is a little bit high to show the card name. It would have to be about 1/2 the black box height lower.

By the way, Personally I would prefer a white space for the box to cut out. That way, if one prefered, one could forgo cutting out the box, and write in what the card deck is.

Jeph: Are you using the Mayfair penny sleeves, or the Mayfair Professional sleeves? I thought the latter were not out yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Spencer
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I spent most of this morning working on a good solution for storing all the cards for Dominion and Intrigue and the promo cards in a single box. I've got a prototype made out of plain paper.

It's not tuck boxes, but it's similar. After I have a copy of Intrigue and the promo cards I'll finish it up and post the files.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeph Stahl
Canada
Grimsby
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.thebrickbrewery.com
badge
www.thebrickbrewery.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Solamar wrote:
Firepigeon wrote:
These look to be a fine fit with the YuGiOh sleeves I have. However, the window for the text is a little bit high to show the card name. It would have to be about 1/2 the black box height lower.

By the way, Personally I would prefer a white space for the box to cut out. That way, if one prefered, one could forgo cutting out the box, and write in what the card deck is.

Jeph: Are you using the Mayfair penny sleeves, or the Mayfair Professional sleeves? I thought the latter were not out yet.

I got the mayday penny sleeves, but even if I take them out of the sleeves, they seem to small height wise.

I am going to try to modify template and then find a die cutter to cut out a nice hole in the back.

I'll also try printing directly from the pdf, allowing the flap end to be cut off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeph Stahl
Canada
Grimsby
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.thebrickbrewery.com
badge
www.thebrickbrewery.com
mbmbmbmbmb
jstahl wrote:

I'll also try printing directly from the pdf, allowing the flap end to be cut off.

... or I'll just get some 3"x 4" poly baggies and pack each kingdom separately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Pombeiro
Portugal
Sao Joao do Estoril
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Im'm very sorry, but I will not be able to get back to this the all weekend. Maybe sunday night I will be able to check this.

BTW: the page is set to A4. Dont forget to print without scaling!!! That is very important, even if you are printing to letter paper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the idea!

Too bad the "Black Market" card messes up this system a bit forcing you to open many "other" tuckboxes you could freely leave behind.

Still, any principle that saves space AND makes setting up the game faster gets a huge thumbsup!

Edit: Forgot to add.. could the file also include tuckboxes for Black Market and Envoy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Pombeiro
Portugal
Sao Joao do Estoril
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
baba44713 wrote:
I love the idea!

Too bad the "Black Market" card messes up this system a bit forcing you to open many "other" tuckboxes you could freely leave behind.

Still, any principle that saves space AND makes setting up the game faster gets a huge thumbsup!

Edit: Forgot to add.. could the file also include tuckboxes for Black Market and Envoy?

That's one of the reasons I like more the version with the card on one face of the tuckbox. This allows you to check the cards before opening the box.

I can make it with the Envoy using the image that is here, but the Black Market doesn't have a good enough image here to be used, could someone upload a better image?

PS: as I've told before I'll only be able to get back to work on this, around sunday night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks to everyone for working on this. I will be offline April 4-12, so I will not be able to follow up on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Spencer
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a preview of the storage solution I plan on using.

Just cut along solid lines, fold along dotted lines, glue on the grey area, then glue labels from any of the many box inserts currently available to (opposite side of) the tab. These will hold one set of 10 cards.

I haven't tested this yet, so I'm not totally certain it will fit perfectly, but if my math is right then it should. After I've made a whole set, including larger ones for the other cards, then I'll post the full files and everything.

EDIT: Okay, I made a test sleeve from that file. The shape works brilliantly, but it's WAY too thick. I don't know what I was thinking. Fortunately, it fits all the Curse or Gold cards perfectly, so it's not a total waste.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem with tuckboxes - and insets - is that they have to house only 10 cards, which just can't be done with thick cardboard. You have to use heavy paper (120 g or such) but then it's really flimsy and it's STILL hard to make the housing thin enough.

Additionally, I printed out and started making the tuckboxes when I realized that the second PDF file was also made for sleeved cards, so now I have a bunch of fat tuckboxes. Darn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.