Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd Reed
United States
Clayton
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have not ordered the game yet. I was wondering how on the situations you are supposed to mark the edges of the play area. It looks like, based on the pictures posted here, that a few of the situations use only a small area of the map.
It seems like it would be odd to try to keep track of which hexes are in play and which ones are out of bounds.
BTW, thank you to all for posting the pics. I'm also looking forward to the reviews.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Epperson
United States
Frederick
MD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mojayhawk wrote:
I have not ordered the game yet. I was wondering how on the situations you are supposed to mark the edges of the play area. It looks like, based on the pictures posted here, that a few of the situations use only a small area of the map.
It seems like it would be odd to try to keep track of which hexes are in play and which ones are out of bounds.
BTW, thank you to all for posting the pics. I'm also looking forward to the reviews.

The situations are confined but would not be difficult to track their boundaries. Here are the situations in PB:HOD:

SITUATION 1: First Crack
Play Area = Complete map

SITUATION 2: Launch of Jupiter
Play Area = Hex rows: 2504-4104 - 4114-2514

SITUATION 3: End of Jupiter
Play Area = Hex rows: 1800-3100 hexes numbered greater-than ##17

SITUATION 4: Take the Hill
Play Area = Hex rows: 1300-3100

SITUATION 5: Overlooking Maltot
Play Area = Hex rows: greater than 29##

SITUATION 6: Twilight at Maltot
Play Area = East of Hex rows greater than 3400 north of ##25

SITUATION 7: No Happy Rest
Play Area = Level 3 hexes between 13## and 26##, British setup area and hex 2123

SITUATION 8: Pierced and Bloodied
Play Area = Hex rows: 3200-3100 hexes between ##07 and ##15

Three of the eight situations cover about a third of the map (#4, #5, and #6). To mark the map until you are familiar with the situation, you could use extra "Spent" markers or such. I didn't find the situation map to be either too small or confusing. Although I'm still teaching myself the game.

Not sure if this even answered your question, just some more intel for your consumption.

Epp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Windsor
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Not at all. I use a cat to mark the edge of the playable area; cats love to lay right on the map, and they make a natural barrier to play. Obviously, the part of the map obscured by the cat is not playable.

Cats are also great for generating random events and concealing units. Everyone should have one, or five.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kluessendorf
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
... that God loves us and wants us to be happy. -Benjamin Franklin-
mbmbmbmbmb
We're talking about a dead cat, right? I can't see a reason for having a live one of those things in my house!

Just kidding - from an extremely allergic not-a-cat person. : )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Windsor
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
from an extremely allergic not-a-cat person.

That's OK, I'm the same way with dogs. Sneeze, watery eyes, the works. cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Langdon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hear the new Panzer Blitz box gets 5 out of 5 cat stars for sitability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yiannis Avramandis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget the bunnies.

They can chew the best borders on any map in a matter of seconds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.