Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember that sentence striking me oddly, as well. I was confident the intent was that you score the area from which the guy was removed, but the wording of that sentence is ambiguous, no question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
This seems like a case where the sentence indeed has grammatical ambiguity, but an iota of common sense should indicate what the intended meaning is...

It never even occurred to me to interpret that as "remove a follower, and then score any territory you like where you have some follower" i.e. once you get a follower in a huge region, you just leave him there and keep scoring that huge region every second turn by placing followers in random crap locations every other turn. That seems like blatant rules lawyering of the silliest kind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
windopen wrote:
Quote:
A player may remove a follower and score any territory where he has one or more followers, whether the territory is
completed or not and whether the follower removed shares the territory with other followers or not.

That is:
A player may [remove a follower and score] any territory where he has one or more followers,

It is not:
A player may [remove a follower] and [score any territory where he has one or more followers],

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ErikPeter Walker
United States
Rochester
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/145148/
badge
Expand
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
SCORING A TERRITORY
Instead of deploying a follower, a player can remove an already deployed follower and score the points for the territory
where it was.

I think this is a pretty straightforward rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Garnica
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A player may remove a follower and score that particular territory that has one or more followers on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.