Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Mehl
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I just got through playing a great game of Goa. Probably our best yet. The game has hit the table probably only 4 or 5 times so far. It seems that every time we play that we have a more enjoyable experience. Tonights game was highly competetive, where we played very different games. Tonite I worked on progressing my colonist and harvest areas of my progression board getting them to work for me immediately. My mistake was bidding to much in the auction phase when my wife did not have to much money, so I kinda overkilled it and gave her much of my money for future bidding. However; my anxiousness paid off. I got the plantations I needed and some collect one ship every round. I also was evenly progressing my expedition route and it ended up giving me immediate ships which only helped me. By the time part two of the game progressed I was well on my way to victory

I was wrong.....My opponent had been progressing pretty evenly throughout the game, saving money, and started shooting for the start player tile every auction phase as well as trying to getting immediate collection tiles, like the ships, or the 2 additional action tile. She then progressed her colonist and started raking in additional actions. This is where the overbidding hurt me the most. At one point she took 4 additional actions. This was 7 actions for one round of play. Needless to say my strategy was more of a sprint and not a jog. Having these additional actions she was able to really start progressing on the board, go on expeditions, which she was able to progress even more, through the correct cards angry

The final score after everything was said and done for our game was a score I think which showed was our best was 55 to 59 which she won of course. Her diligent planning and patience paid off and she beat me fair and square. Now I will have to always take into account the importance of additional actions when playing this game. ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wagner
United States
Wood River
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that's unbelievable how high scores you both got! I've only seen 50's 2 or 3 times total in the 20 to 30 games I've played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mehl
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SVan wrote:
Wow, that's unbelievable how high scores you both got! I've only seen 50's 2 or 3 times total in the 20 to 30 games I've played.

I know right. Usually that is our scores too, but not this time meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Shakespeare
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Goa's out of print and I need it! cry and the reprint isn't going to be available 'til Fall 2010! Double cry cry !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mehl
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Abstractite wrote:
Goa's out of print and I need it! cry and the reprint isn't going to be available 'til Fall 2010! Double cry cry !

Don't cry man I feel your pain. Maybe you can get it on e-bay one day. To drown your sorrow and since you live in cali. Go eat some In-N-Out, that always made me feel better laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.