Descent: The Road to Legend» Forums » Rules

Subject: Final Battle rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ger Lam
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmb
Theres some disagreement in our current campaign, in which i am playing the ascension plot, which lead to the following question:

If the hero's attack the keep in a normal game due to final battle triggering, do neighbouring lt.s' reinforce the overlords keep as per normal rules? And do the comets from harbinger add in their reduction as normal?

If the hero's enter the keep due to the harbinger approaching, (when they are allowed to), do lt's reinforce as normal? (Harbinger comets obviously should reduce their stats.

They think there's a difference and opt to wait it out until final battle triggers without going to my keep, i believe in both cases i get both boni...anybody able to clarify?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I remember, LTs do not reinforce the OL's keep, but the comets do affect the heroes while there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ger Lam
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:
As far as I remember, LTs do not reinforce the OL's keep, but the comets do affect the heroes while there.

hm, on what do you base this observation?

From the RoL rulebook, page 20.

1.) Final Training in Tamalir.
2.) The party marker is moved to the location of the Overlord's Keep.
3.) Reduce XP/CP to zero.
4.) The party explores the keep.

(Nowhere states that the lt's are removed from play/the map)

And below: "The Overlord's Keep is explored like a normal dungeon, save that it has 5 levels rather than 3.

Page 17 of the "Leutnants reinforcing Dungeons" also just states that if they are in the same location or one trail removed, they fortify the dungeon.

After having razed 4 towns, i made sure to attack the hero's where possible and stand one space from my keep in bitter downs. Now, this kind of is important...they are going to attack the hero's if they go for my keep, anyway, but IF they are reinforcing, they will flee to do so, if not, they will battle to the death(hopefully, together, sending the party back to talamir).
My understanding was that the leutnants should reinforce the overlords keep since nothing i found contradicts that...same as the meteor's in dawndsmoor being active either way...so i would enter the final battle with doom(alric), brilliant commander(eliza), hordes of the things(krieg) and 25 threat(sorcerer king + merric), while the hero's would currently have -3 wounds and fatigue, hopefully -5 until they can force a battle...

Edit: Just thinking: it also doesn't make much sense flavorwise that halfway across terrinoth, a leutnant would reinforce some random nearby dungeon, but would do nothing to help reinforce his masters keep at which he is located during the hero's attack.
Heck, i'd like to place one leutnant per keep level in the keep to fight off the heros, instead of the regular level bosses.
Overpowered, sure, but that would feel fluffy and climactic. Heck, i'd give them hero's quite a bit of compensation if they let me handle it that way

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Miller

Columbus
Ohio
msg tools
Columbus, OH's best all '90s rock cover act: facebook.com/oddjobpolicy
badge
I can't believe your head exploded. If your head explodes, you'll never make it on BGG.
mbmbmbmbmb
We never saw anything against Lts fortifying the keep, so we did. I still got my avatars butt handed to me on a silver platter. With Harbinger you probably stand a chance though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, my bad. Was mixing it up with LTs not being allowed to enter the Keep (or Legendary Areas).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Anderson
United States
Ennis
Montana
flag msg tools
There is nothing better than playing board games with my 4 sons!
badge
There is nothing better than playing board games with my 4 sons!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I think you were doing it right...

D.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.