Carrom» Forums » General

Subject: www.carrom.it = Reliable / Reputable dealer? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kriss Kross
Germany
flag msg tools
Hi folks,

My old carrom-board from Sri Lanka is going to be more and more unusable, that´s why I´m looking for a new one. As my future board I picked out the Sucro WINIT, which I found to a very reasonable price (139,- Euros) on www.carrom.it.
->My question is now: has anybody of you bought any board there? Is it a reputable dealer?
I couldn´t find any reviews, neither bad nor good, on the internet. Maybe there´s someone out there who has experience with carrom.it?

Thanks a lot,
carromkriss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnauld Michelizza
France
Paris
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Hi,

I didn't bought anything from carrom.it but I talked with Antonio (the seller) by email for informations about his products and he seems very serious.
If you often play carrom, I recommand you not to buy a "Surco Winit" but the "Champion" model instead. In a tournament, I met some guys who bought the "winit" and they said that it's not a bad carrom board, but it's not as enjoyable as the "champion" model. On a "winit", the carromen and the striker don't slide very well compared to a "champion" model. I know it's 60 euros more, but you'll keep your carrom board for years...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We bought three Carrom boards from France:

http://www.carrom-online.com/boutique_us/liste_rayons.cfm?co...

and we are very satisfied with their service. Check them out if you can't find any info on carrom.it.

As Arnauld suggested go for the Champion or Bulldog board. I got Bulldog and it is an excellent board: the carromen bounce around easily and the board will last a long time because of it's heavy construction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnauld Michelizza
France
Paris
Unspecified
flag msg tools

Beware that http://www.carrom-online.com/ don't sell any Champion board. If you look well on the picture, these are in fact Tournament boards. Tournament boards are quite good but not as good as Champion board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kriss Kross
Germany
flag msg tools
Hey guys,

Thanks a lot for your answers.
The boards you mentioned, e.g. the WINIT and the CHAMPION, are really great boards, I´m sure, but not affordable for me. Furthermore, I didn´t really play too much carrom the last few years, so I think going for the more affordable ones is just fine more me. If it comes out that carrom is my new passion, I can still sell my board and buy a better one.
I found a board which suited perfectly to my idea of the price I wanted to pay:

http://www.mahajanbrothers.com/carrom.htm

I ordered the REBOUND MAKER last friday in a German shop for 139,- Euro. If you are interested, I will tell you more about it when I got it in my hands.

But nevertheless, if there is anyone who ordered from carrom.it, please tell us your experiences.

Greets

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kriss Kross
Germany
flag msg tools
Hi again,

yesterday arrived my ordered Carrom board, the MB Rebound Maker. All in all it makes a very solid impression (man is that damn board heavy!), the only thing I´m worried about is the fact that the surface is some kind of lacquered. I mean, the wooden surface is not rough as it used to be with my old Carrom board, but smooth due to the transparent lacquer.

My question for you now is: is that normal? I think I read somewhere that the playing surface for Carrom boards should not be lacquered in any way but kept natural? Can somebody of you confirm that?

If somebody can tell me how, I´m going to upload some pics of the board.

Greets,

edit: ...ok, here are some pics:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikolai Cernavin
Germany
Wonsheim
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
mb
Good boards are either laquered openly or not at all. I wouldn´t worry about that too much though. The bigger question is: is your board really flat and how many rebounds do you get just using starch as powder. Should be 4 at least. The rails on your board look a little bit too rough on the inside, and the paint job on the surface is pretty bad. As for your board being flat: you can buy a small iron plate from praktiker etc. They have a type that is absolutely flat that you can use for testing. If it is not flat (minimal abberation is ok) you should give it back.

It is a good thing though that you didn´t buy a Surco. They have great problems with production lately and alot of their boards are warped. I just had to send back two Champion boards. I`ve now ordered a Synco Signature but that´s double the price you paid for yours. As a general suggestion I think that right now Synco boards are the best (also the cheaper ones) followed by Precise. Another "suggestion" is to buy the boards in India as street prices are just 30% of what you pay for the same board in Europe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kriss Kross
Germany
flag msg tools
Hi Fidel77,

thanks for your suggestions. Well, I can hardly get 4 rebounds with full force, but maybe that´s also due to my lack of practice (with a anti-friction powder from Mespi). That´s not too much for a board called "Rebound Maker", is it?

All together, I have to say that I´m not completely satisfied with the board, although it is flat and not warped. I don´t like the lacquerwork, surely it´s not going to be better if played very often.

But what can I do? There are alternatives missing here in Germany and Europe (at least in my price segment), and I´m not planning to visit India in the next time. Maybe I should invest a little more money and buy a Mespi torneo from carrom.it or his ebay-shop. The feedback there for the shop seems to be pretty good.

Whatever I´m going to do, I need a fast decision as I have only 14 days to give my MB board back...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikolai Cernavin
Germany
Wonsheim
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
mb
Give the board back. It´s too expensive for what it is and you won´t be happy in the long run. Also don´t buy the Mespi! The Mespi boards are way overpriced and not really good. Also the Mespi powder makes their boards faster, with official starch powder they are pretty slow (this could also be the case with your board, that it is even slower with offical powder, which is by the way only 10% of the cost of all that powders you can buy on the net).

If you can wait a little bit there might be a new source in the next couple weeks to get Synco boards (not only the expensive ones) directly in Germany. A friend of mine will also be testing other boards from a small german manufacturer soon that are in the same price range as the mespi torneo but should be much much better. I´ll keep you informed here.

If all these options aren´t for you I`d still give the board back and order a Surco Winit and give it back until you get a flat one.

regards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uwe Mitlacher
msg tools
Hello,
here are my experiences with carrom.it:
I bought a Mespi fun sp in last december. Cause I live in Switzerland carrom.it sent it to my father who live in Germany. After 4 weeks I get the board from my father. I recognized that the mespi isn't even. The middle was the deepest point, so that it was difficult to put the striker in the right position, cause it runs to the middle without touching, if there is enough powder on the board.
After I wrote my problems, Antonio answered me that the time is too long now to change it, and I should try to get it even with weights on the back of the board!
But if I'm interested in a surco champion with back slats, he could make me a very good offer for 110 Euro.
I thought by myself that the backslats makes the board even and ordered the surco champion.
4 weeks later my father brought me the surco and I was horrified, cause the surco had the opposite effect of the mespi. That means that the middle is the highest point and the wholes are lower. Between 5mm to 1cm!!!
Until now I'm waiting to an answer from carrom.it.
I believe that the board was a changed board and because of that carrom.it gve me this "good" price of 110 Euro.
Iam really angry with my really two fucking boards now, even if I try to get an even board. But Im afraid to get the next warped board,
because you can't see the boards before you buy them.
And the whole shops are Internetshops.
Who knows a good shop, which sells 100% even boards.
Kind regards
wadi
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikolai Cernavin
Germany
Wonsheim
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
mb
I guess most of their boards are warped then. See my post above. The two Surco Champion I gave back came from carrom.it too. It´s not only their fault though. Most boards probably warp while being shipped for weeks over seaway.

Uwe, you could have changed the Mespi still. You have at least 2 months in every eurpean country to change something you ordered over the net. I would take the whole thing to a lawyer. You should easily get your money back for the Surco and probably for the Mespi too. Also from my experience Antonio only answers E-Mails if he wants too. It´s way better to just call him and really put him under pressure. That´s how I got my money back. I didn´t tell about this earlier because I thought I might be the only one who has problems with their boards and didn´t want to give them a bad name just from one experience.

As for problems with Mespi and Surco boards also see my posts above.
It´s actually really hard to get 100% flat boards from india. Like I said above the best indian producer right now seems to be Synco.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Verbeeck
Belgium
Mol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am interested in the synco boards if they can be obtained from germany

I've subscribed to this thread.
I also noticed carrom boards at Spiel 07. Didn't see them at spiel 08 probably I missed a quarter of a hall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DAVID MOYANO
Spain
SALAMANCA
flag msg tools
I bought 1 carrom " emperor 3 alum " to CARROM.IT . i will do review as soon as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Drake
Spain
Burgos
Burgos
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
elmago wrote:
I bought 1 carrom " emperor 3 alum " to CARROM.IT . i will do review as soon as possible.

I´m thinking about buy that same model if you will do a review would be great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Verbeeck
Belgium
Mol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tomb532 wrote:
elmago wrote:

I´m thinking about buy that same model if you will do a review would be great.

He rates it an 8.5. latest rating april 2013. so I think he likes his board.
I'm thinking of getting one too for over three years now...
but I keep spending money on some other games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nuno Silva
Germany
Frankfurt Am Main
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all!

I'm planning to buy a carrom for a while ...
I've been trying to contact www.carrom-online.com as I could read they do high end quality boards (in Europe) ... however I never get an answer to my mails or contact via the provided phone nrs.

Then I could see this carrom.it ... are its boards ok? (I'm referring to the high end ones).

how about the http://ubergames.co.uk/?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.