Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randy Snyder
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night we had our first campaign session, and I ran into two areas of frustration, on top of maintaining all the new rules.

Those two areas were lengthy in-game setup times, and quick access to all the tokens, monsters, etc needed in the dungeons/encounters.

Coming into our first session, we had everything bagged and tagged in their respective expansion boxes (all expansions.) The first encounter req'd fire beetles from one expansion, and the maps from RtL. Then the first dungeon level came up, requiring some map pieces from the basic set as well as monsters from multiple sets. Then the second level of the dungeon came out, which was in the Tomb of Ice expansion. By this time we had done 3 separate 10 minute breaks, one each time we had to set up.

We spent about 45 minutes after most everyone left to sort everything back out, and store the characters, OL, and graveyard, and all tiles back into the correct expansions.

I am looking for what has worked for you in keeping map setup quick, players involved through out, and keeping tear down time to a minimum.

Thanks
-Randu

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark sellmeyer
United States
st louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I play in one campaign and run another. It really helps to organize. Get a couple of plastic fishing tackle or craft organizers. In one put all the chits and tokens that the players use (money, potions, health, fatigue, ready actions, etc.) Give it to one of the players when you play. It will free up a lot of your time to OL. Put the rest of the chits in the other organizer. It actually helps to have more larger ones to store dungeon parts and monster figures. Disregard that you have a base game and a few expansions and organize like things together to make one big game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Rozmiarek
United States
Liberty Hill
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Forget about keep everything in the expansion boxes. Just mix it up.

Many people use a fishing tackle box to store the pieces. I use a Plano 7592. It has four removable trays which hold the counters, small figures and misc stuff. Large figures go in the top section and dice in the lid. It holds all of the non-tile pieces from the base game and all of the expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.