Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
these are my overtexts and
badge
now I am without geek gold :(
mbmbmbmbmb
How is movement performed?

My interpretation of the rules was you look at the deck of cards for your plane and select 3 moves in the order you choose to be revealed in sequence.

What happens to the cards after the movement?

Are they discarded, shuffled back into the deck and if the are discarded what happens as the had gets closer to being empty as you run out of cards?

I found the rules to be fairly poorly written for a fairly simple game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd France
United States
flag msg tools
IF ONLY I had a plan...
badge
The lesser of two evils?
mbmbmbmbmb
The cards are reused from turn to turn. You always have the same set of cards to choose from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
ramkitty wrote:

I found the rules to be fairly poorly written for a fairly simple game.

From the first page of the rules under "Movement."

Quote:
Then he removes the Maneuver card, so that it can be used again in the following turns, putting it back into the space for the unused Maneuver
cards.

Sounds pretty clear to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dustin boggs
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
these are my overtexts and
badge
now I am without geek gold :(
mbmbmbmbmb
That makes the most sence but I found it odd to hold so many cards at a time.

It wasnt that clear in the burning drakens box but I am glad that bgg exits to get questions like this answered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well it is a quite unusual concept probably - you do not have a hand of cards to be played as in most card games, consuming them and replacing them from the deck. Cards are actually the whole range of possibilties for your plane to move in a turn, given its technical limitations, and being the pilot you are free to maneuvre that plane as you like. Next turn, you will have all those possibilities again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
ramkitty wrote:
That makes the most sence but I found it odd to hold so many cards at a time.

It wasnt that clear in the burning drakens box but I am glad that bgg exits to get questions like this answered.

Yeah, you don't "hold" them as in a "hand" of cards. They're just there as the way you move, giving you the options of what moves you can make.

An ingeniously designed game and fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Kelly
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't think of each card as an independent maneuver, think of it as the three cards you choose to put together forming a particular maneuver. That's why you have the same maneuver more than once in each deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.