Martin Sasseville
Canada
St-Redempteur
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
Hi

A little point that is not clear for me:

In the base game (Elfenland) players discard extra cards to keep only 4 cards. In next phase 1, players will received cards to have 8 in hands.

In Elfengold, in next phase 1, each player draws 3 cards but does he has to reduce his hand to 4 at the end of previous round? In that case he only have 7 cards in his hands.

Or does he keep all the remaining travel cards (even if he exceeds 4) from the previous round?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Parker
United States
Redding
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Elfengold rules state (although very quietly) that rules from the base game are in effect except for rules introduced in the expansion. Since the base game says you may only keep 4 travel cards between turns, we assumed this was true of elfengold as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Nearing Weathertop
mbmbmbmbmb
Played this last night after an unforgivable 10 year break - great game.

As for the cards, I'm sure in Elfenroads there was no forced discard of cards. Cards are now one of the key resources in the game, as you only draw three per turn (plus two more if you skip gold).

I'd play it that you give up no cards at all.

By the way... where does the four card discard rule come from? In Elfenland, I thought it was simply refill to eight every turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.