Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr. Money
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Inflame Mutant (Vulca) card "In my Character phase, I may play any Mutant", I would like clarification. I'm guessing that I can play a Mutant card without the text condition and therefore the fight would NOT change between fire and earth. Essentially, it would be played like a regular shielded card with printed values. Is this correct?

cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Doum
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DavidPD wrote:
The Inflame Mutant (Vulca) card "In my Character phase, I may play any Mutant", I would like clarification. I'm guessing that I can play a Mutant card without the text condition and therefore the fight would NOT change between fire and earth. Essentially, it would be played like a regular shielded card with printed values. Is this correct?

cheers

This may be in the FAQ, but I would think that only the restriction on the mutant card is overridden. The change element stuff should still apply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Money
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. That makes a lot of sense. BTW, I couldn't find the answer to my question in the FAQ but it could be buried somewhere in there.

cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DavidPD wrote:
Thanks. That makes a lot of sense. BTW, I couldn't find the answer to my question in the FAQ but it could be buried somewhere in there.

I'm fairly sure it's not. (Easiest way to check, look for "Inflame". Doesn't always work, as usually a question can be applied to several cards, but in this case Inflame Mutant is unique in its effect.

But the answer is as said, in simple terms because why not? The text on Inflame mutant says nothing about changing the mutant's effect, so it doesn't. It has to change the play condition, so it does. But the confirming detail is Special Rule 4 - you apply the text as far as you can. You can't apply the condition (because Inflame Mutant has clearly overridden that) but you can apply the rest of the text, so you do.

I'll put this one the "maybe" list for the next FAQ version (which will actually be fairly soon, I've got something to clean up).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.