Popular Tags: games_in_the_news [+] [View All]
Robert R
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/05/nyregion/long-island/05Rbo...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe E.
United States
Stone Mountain
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah. I hope the extra attention results in increased popularity for the game; it fully deserves it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mont A.
United States
Carbondale
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
YAY!
thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex G

Flagstaff
Arizona
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie H
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sorry about that, Chief
mbmbmbmbmb
More free publicity for the game with no advertising budget! Very cool!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mont A.
United States
Carbondale
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You know, sometimes I wonder whether Cambridge Games Factory has any idea just how much its fans are rooting for the game....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is Cambridge Games Factory still operational. I want a copy of this game, and I can't find one anywhere. I can not even get a response from them.

Is there going to be another printing of Glory to Rome? Any inside information will be appreciated.

I want to be a fan, but it is tough without a copy of the game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie H
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sorry about that, Chief
mbmbmbmbmb
Typhon wrote:
You know, sometimes I wonder whether Cambridge Games Factory has any idea just how much its fans are rooting for the game....

I believe they do. It's just that they have to very careful, especially in these economic times. Maybe they could do a huge print run and advertising and sell it out quickly. But if they don't sell it out, it would literally be "Game Over" for CGF - they don't have other strong sellers (yet) that would let them survive an economic misstep.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/228982 gives some insight into just how small a publisher CGF really is. If CGF is able to make the leap from teeny-tiny boardgame publisher to medium-sized, they probably have to do it on the strength of GtR sales. And they have to survive in the meantime.

I hope they do well with Zombie in my Pocket, so the company can stand on a slightly firmer financial footing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Eric Reuss
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
bmarquette wrote:
Is Cambridge Games Factory still operational.

Absolutely!

I don't think the reprint status has changed since http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/385941, most likely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mojo shivers
United States
San Pedro
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If there was any justice in the world Glory to Rome would be in the top 10.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darker wrote:
bmarquette wrote:
Is Cambridge Games Factory still operational.

Absolutely!

I don't think the reprint status has changed since http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/385941, most likely.

Thanks. That thread is exactly what I needed to see!!!

I will be watching for this game to hit the shelves again. This game sounds incredible!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mont A.
United States
Carbondale
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ekh_86 wrote:
Typhon wrote:

I believe they do. It's just that they have to very careful, especially in these economic times. Maybe they could do a huge print run and advertising and sell it out quickly. But if they don't sell it out, it would literally be "Game Over" for CGF - they don't have other strong sellers (yet) that would let them survive an economic misstep.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/228982 gives some insight into just how small a publisher CGF really is. If CGF is able to make the leap from teeny-tiny boardgame publisher to medium-sized, they probably have to do it on the strength of GtR sales. And they have to survive in the meantime.

I hope they do well with Zombie in my Pocket, so the company can stand on a slightly firmer financial footing.

Thanks for the link, Eddie. Very informative.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mont A.
United States
Carbondale
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Following a great suggestion by Eddie, I just sent Rob Seater of Cambridge Games Factory an excited email with a link to the New York Times article, so there's no way they'll miss it. As Eddie said, it would be nifty if they could cite the NYT article on their website to plug GtR.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very well-done article. I liked how he didn't degrade the idea in any way of playing board games, and even made it sound very exciting. Very good plug for boardgaming, and bgg. Good stuff!

Jacovis
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Franka
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Great article. I liked the bit about "She hardly minds that he has 1200 games on shelves in his basement." Being single, I always worry a bit about that moment--WHEN exactly do you show your date the 1200 games for the first time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert R
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
bigtex01 wrote:
Great article. I liked the bit about "She hardly minds that he has 1200 games on shelves in his basement." Being single, I always worry a bit about that moment--WHEN exactly do you show your date the 1200 games for the first time?

I'd think the "How..." is probably even more important. One by one? A few at a time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny story...

When we first met, I had far fewer games. Avalon Hill had just been purchased by Hasbro. I probably had a collection of - maybe...100-120 games, total.

In September, I placed a large order with a game store for nearly every Avalon Hill game (it cost me...about...$1200; but I was young, with a lot of disposable income). Met my wife in October. Over the next few weeks, I got box after box after box of shipments...thankfully, she was always understandable (hence, why we married).

When we bought our house, we specifically looked for a house with a room large enough for the games...for me, that was the most important consideration...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Empress
Japan
Nogata, Nakano-ku
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
She hardly minds that he has a mountain of 1,200 board games heaped on shelves in the basement.

That would imply that she minds, in some small way shape or form.

But it is still a good article.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.