Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Roberts
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If one has the resources can he or she renovate from wood to clay to stone using one renovation action if he has all the resources (all the clay, stone, and reed)?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
No. Unless you have an ability that says otherwise it will always take 2 renovation actions to go from wood to stone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the rules right in front of for an exact page number, but the answer is 'no'. You must use 2 reno actions unless you have a card/occupation that allows you to skip clay.

Maus
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Roberts
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys.

Does anyone have the rule? This has come up a couple of times in our games. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sallay
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check Page 5 of the rules
Action A
Last sentance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Roberts
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Giglia
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is an occupation called "Conservator" that I believe is from the E deck that does allow you to renovate from a wooden hut to a stone house in one action as long as you have the resources to pay for it. Otherwise, wood to stone does take two actions as previous stated from wood to clay then clay to stone.

Another nice card is the "trowel" minor improvement, which allows you to renovate to clay from wood at any time without using a person to take the renovate action on the board, as long as you can pay for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Maxwell
United States
Burtchville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fragilehalos wrote:
There is an occupation called "Conservator" that I believe is from the E deck that does allow you to renovate from a wooden hut to a stone house in one action as long as you have the resources to pay for it.

My understanding is that the Conservator lets you skip clay altogether. So if you have a 5 room wooden house and the Conservator, you pay 1 reed and 5 stone to get a stone house. Your phrasing seems to imply that you still pay for the clay upgrade, and that you can just pay for the stone upgrade at the same time.

Then again, it's early and my synapses may be misfiring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Giglia
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr_Nuts wrote:
fragilehalos wrote:
There is an occupation called "Conservator" that I believe is from the E deck that does allow you to renovate from a wooden hut to a stone house in one action as long as you have the resources to pay for it.

My understanding is that the Conservator lets you skip clay altogether. So if you have a 5 room wooden house and the Conservator, you pay 1 reed and 5 stone to get a stone house. Your phrasing seems to imply that you still pay for the clay upgrade, and that you can just pay for the stone upgrade at the same time.

Then again, it's early and my synapses may be misfiring.

No worries.

Yes, I'm sorry if I did not make that clear, the "Conservator" is aptly named as it conserves resources by allowing the player to bypass paying for a clay renovation before upgrading to Stone. So, as long "as you have the resources to pay for it" meant only the required resources for the stone renovation based on the number of rooms in your house.

I worded it that way because it's possible with other minor improvements or occupations, the cost of the actual renovation to stone could be significantly less than the required one stone per room and one reed. For example, the "Renovator" occupation, allows you to renovate your home for two less resources of the renovation type. For example, if you have a Wood Hut with two rooms, and have played both the Conservator and the Renovator occupations, it would only cost one reed total to renovate to a Stone House.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.