Preston Fuller
United States
Ashland
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Be seated.

Men, this stuff that some sources sling around about Wargamers wanting out of this war, not wanting to fight, is a crock of bulls***. War gamers love to fight, traditionally. All real Wargamers love the sting and clash of battle.

You are here today for three reasons. First, because you are here to defend your games and your wargaming buddies. Second, you are here for your own gaming self respect, because you would not want to be anywhere else. Third, you are here because you are real gamers and all real gamers like to fight.

We have reached a point where the last "war game" is up against, of all foes, Agricola.

Now, you may not see Twilight Struggle as a front line wargame but let me say when any game puts on that proud Chit uniform they are brothers. Maybe some fight at the front while others practice thier art and skill behind the scene. Despite that, we are a band of brothers.

When these euro bastards turn to goo, the wargame you were just playing, you will know what to do.

So go do it.
http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/41331

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barton Campbell
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These Geek Madness Tournaments seems like a silly comparison of little or no value so I don't bother to vote in these kinds of things.

I've also heard or read that Twilight Struggle isn't even a wargame. At any rate I feel no need to vote against Agricola. I've played it and don't care for it but that's beside the point. Really, this kind of poll is completely irrelevant. If you enjoy this kind of thing please vote. I'm not trying to talk anyone out of voting, I just don't care too.
yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Twilight Struggle will get its props. It's running away with my wargame tourney; I predicted it winning it all in the Round of 32.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.