Popular Tags: [View All]
Will
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
Reseñas de Juegos Argentinos
badge
Need a cool Graphic Design for a game you are Creating ? Maybe a banner for a kickstarter ? Ask for a quote... questions are for FREE :D
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, guys, can the dragons from Mage Knight Conquest be used in Mage Knight Dungeons and How ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been a minor eternity since I've played, but I'm going to say no. Firstly because you can't choose them as heroes, secondly because even Red monster spawns don't reach high enough point totals to bring one into play.

That said, you could always work-up a custom scenario of sorts involving a dragon (Or dragons). Just be sure to include at least one nice open space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Need a cool Graphic Design for a game you are Creating ? Maybe a banner for a kickstarter ? Ask for a quote... questions are for FREE :D
mbmbmbmbmb
My idea was to use them as Master Monsters to be defeated as a quest and use the MKD Heroic Quests system to bring them into play. But wanted to know if a multi dial creature can be used in MKD.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not familiar with Heroic Quests, must have come out after I stopped playing. Regardless of the official rules (Which to my knowledge don't allow them, but I don't know about these quests and the rules governing them), do whatever you want with them. It's your game, just house rule a dragon into the quest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
There are rules for using Dragons in MK Dungeons. Let me see if I can find them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, thanks guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Roop
United States
Mendon
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do the rules allow for use of dragons in Dungeons? YES

Will your typical band of heroes be ABLE to take down a dragon in Dungeons? Probably not. Unless you are using the smallest version of the dragon AND you get lots of lucky rolls. Dragons were designed to take on warbands, and the typical warband was 5-8 figures... That is 5-8 attacks per round. True they DIDN'T have all the abilities of heroes, but the extra attacks are what is needed to take down the dragons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's cool because we are playing cooperative with my girlfriend using the solitary rules modified and since we use 2 heroes each we can definitely go to 3-4 each in coop with no problems.

Thanks again guys, I will buy my dragon now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Ibson the Grey created a set of rules for using any based figures in MKD. I've just uploaded them to the file section. But will have to wait for admin approval.

While we wait for approval I have them available here for download.

http://www.zeroradiusgames.com/BGG_files/PyramidMovementRule...

I do own all the dragons they released and was hoping some day to try them out in MKD. The only hard one to get is the Red Dragon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, thanks Scott. I am going to buy the Radiant Dragon for the shipping is very cheap to my country and from there I suppose if it works I will get the other ones.

Also do you know which ones are master spawns so we can use them in our quests ?

-----------

And just one question about the solitary rules:

When it is time for the spawn tokens to move do we move the tokens from all around the map (as long as the activations are possible) to the closest heroes or just the ones closer to the tile we are in ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
willdesigns wrote:
Also do you know which ones are master spawns so we can use them in our quests ?

What do you mean by this? The "Master Monster" tokens were in the Quest packs. However, you could probably just convert a red token instead. (put a sticker on the bottom or something).

Quote:

And just one question about the solitary rules:

When it is time for the spawn tokens to move do we move the tokens from all around the map (as long as the activations are possible) to the closest heroes or just the ones closer to the tile we are in ?

I'd have to look at the rules again, but I believe you move ALL of them possible, not just those closest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are the rules I found. I can't remember where I got them from, but apparently these were published in Scrye Magazine awhile ago. This text I don't think is an exact word-for-word transcript, but it is probably pretty close.

Scrye Dragon Rules

ACTIVATION
Instead of sections being activated for movement and attack seperately (as per Mage Knight rules), the sections are activated for speed points used collectively by the dragon.

Each player may activate the dragon during his turn. You may activate the dragon even if it occupies the same tile or a square adjacent to one of your figures.

You can activate one or more sections of the dragon for speed points. The dragon's total speed for the turn is equal to the combined speed of each activated section. All sections must be activated at the same time and each costs one of your activations per turn

For example, you could activate all four sections of an undamaged young Polar Ice Dragon for four activations, giving it its maximum speed of 12.

MOVEMENT
It costs one speed point for the dragon to move forward, backward, or sideways one row of squares. Two speed may be spent to move the dragon diagonally one square. Turning 90 degrees (keeping the center of the dragon in the same four squares) costs three speed points.

As it moves, the dragon ignores chests, artifacts, and the effects of all terrain except blocking terrain.

The dragon must end its movement in squares free from chests, artifacts, wandering monster tokens, figures, and blocking terrain.

If the dragon overlaps a figure or wandering monster token as it moves, it is considered to have "passed through" it at a one time cost of three speed points. After the dragon is completely done moving, any opposing figure it passed through may choose to make a free attack against any section of the dragon, as if it were in base contact. If the figure attacks, that section of the dragon may counterattack as if it were in base contact.

ATTACKING
After the dragon completes its movement, if it has enough speed points remaining from its original activations, it may attack. Which sections were activated for speed has no bearing on which sections may attack.

The dragon can make multiple attacks, but each costs four speed points and each section may only attack once.

Example: If four of the dragon's original 12 speed points are used for movement, it can make two attacks-- say, one from the head and the other from the tail. If it doesn't move, it could make three attacks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Scott. I meant the "Master Adversary", like in the Heroic Quests. I thought like the dragons there were monsters that were 100 points or more to vary the quest monster on each game

I just finished a coop with my girlfriend on a big map and we did that. It was pretty difficult and I have to say that to defeat the master adversary from the magestones quest 3 heroes on level 5 are not enough !!! but what a challenge it was.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, thanks a lot !! I can't wait for my dragon to arrive
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
willdesigns wrote:
Thanks, Scott. I meant the "Master Adversary", like in the Heroic Quests. I thought like the dragons there were monsters that were 100 points or more to vary the quest monster on each game

I just finished a coop with my girlfriend on a big map and we did that. It was pretty difficult and I have to say that to defeat the master adversary from the magestones quest 3 heroes on level 5 are not enough !!! but what a challenge it was.

Corpheus is a beast (I assume that's the one you used?). He's just an all around nasty figure. Even in regular Mage Knight, 2.0 version, he's pretty good, and that's WITH the changes they made to Charge.

There are several figures in 1.0 (which are better compatible with Dungeons than 2.0 figures) that could work as Adversaries. They don't even all have to be over 100 points; it just depends. You could make it thematic, and have one of the Guardians (Sphinx, Jackal, or Hawk) be a Pyramid Master Adversary. Or you could throw in some non-Mage Spawn Adversaries, like Solonavi figures or Draconums.

Or you could be silly and throw an Imp as the Master Adversary It really can be anything you want, high-points or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I also forgot about the Master Adversary. I've got the 2 heroic quest packs but forgot about the mention of that. I do have quite a nice collection now of just stuff for MKD and picked up a stack of orcs and solonavi awhile back so I could use those for bad guys too.

I've got a major update for the Dungeon Critters expansion coming. I'm updating 1.2 to 2.0 and adding Deadly Pudding with fully revised rules. I completely redid the dial art and touched up the critter art too. Should have it ready soon.

I ordered a stack of custom 35 mm bases to mount my critters on. Just waiting for them to arrive. I'll post pics once I get them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely can't wait to see them Scott.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.