Pax Romana» Forums » General

Subject: will 2nd edition be more WYSIWYG? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
m. o.
Austria
flag msg tools
Hi ...

will the (possible) 2nd edition be more WYSIWG?

In terms of gameboard, concerning scenario #6? (2T Syria, different-colored Egypt and such)
And in terms of 5BP roman legions and other counters that are present by rules but not physically, such as Pontus?

I wonder, anyone knows?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runs with scissors
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Neil is pretty good to replying to posts. However my guess is that nobody has given much thought to the 2nd edition yet. The positive of this is now is the time to raise these requests.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Randall
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
It's true, nobody is giving 2nd edition any thought right now. It's nowhere near the P500 mark, and GMT is being extremely careful with reprints of any kind at this point, so we're just letting Pax 2e sit.

There are no plans to re-color the map, but we will be making a few corrections so it's possible, although I'm not sure how a differently colored Egypt helps (given that it's part of East for all but scenario 6). Still, if GMT decides to get the artist involved, I suppose it's possible.

Any counters that have been in C3i magazine will go into 2nd edition - did we add Pontus counters in C3i? (I can't remember). As for 5-BP legions, I doubt it, since we'd need too many of them. But I'll revisit this message when/if the time comes.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zippadeedoodah
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
...did we add Pontus counters in C3i?

Yes, you did. I checked my scans. Eight chits for Pontus: 2 LI, 4 HI, 1 Cav, 1 GS. Plus 2 double-sided 'XXX controls Pontus' chits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Randall
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I thought we did, but I couldn't quite remember. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sosa
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
I will break him.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd also like to get rid of the confusing "No GOP" on the barbarian provinces as they do provide GOP and the number of coins representing bonus income, all of them should be one less to indicate the extra and not including the inherent income of all provinces - which is not indicated by a coin anywhere else on the map.

And after thinking about it I have to agree with individuals from another discussion on this topic - I would like to see the map colors changed to not be so bright. I'd like to see the map more topographical with the colors reduced. It just looks too cartoonish for my taste. It should be similar to Successor III with subdued power colors along the borders rather than filling in the country with one color.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Randall
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
But I like the map! I like the color scheme and the way it looks when it's spread out and set up. I like the Successors map as well, but not as much. Bold and bright is good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.