Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: President AND Admiral? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Commorato
United States
Staten Island
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
A situation arose where a player had to give his Presidency title to any other player.
He chose to give it to the current Admiral.

Can this be done?
Can one character be Admiral AND President?

(Please keep in mind this was a 2-Player game but clearly could've happened with more players)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jarvis
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, no reason why they can't be. That's one of Tigh's abilities. He can declare martial law and have both (assuming Adama doesn't have it).

Granted, it's usually not a great idea to have both. There are a lot of "president/admiral discards..." and you can really penalize yourself that way.

Jeff
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jiing Lin
Taiwan
New Taipei City
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see the rules forbid this situation - one character is not only Admiral but also President.
So I think the answer is "Yes".
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Cowley
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
I held both titles for most of one recent six-player game (I was also an unrevealed cylon).;)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cmc8 wrote:
I held both titles for most of one recent six-player game (I was also an unrevealed cylon).

Very nice!

That would be one reason why the humans don't like to see one person with both, it gives them a lot of power. The quorum cards, they can choose on crisis cards for president and they choose destinations, and they control nukes, etc.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mercom wrote:
A situation arose where a player had to give his Presidency title to any other player.
He chose to give it to the current Admiral.

Can this be done?
Can one character be Admiral AND President?

(Please keep in mind this was a 2-Player game but clearly could've happened with more players)
Sure, why not? We call them "pradmiral" or "assident", but the former is preferred by a lot more. All Hail Pradmiral Baltar !!! arrrhcoolsurprise
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
Sure, why not? We call them "pradmiral" or "assident", but the former is preferred by a lot more. All Hail Pradmiral Baltar !!! arrrhcoolsurprise


We just call them "Skinjob Brig-bait."
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin hoffer
United States
Los Angeles
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
Okay, if I can't get my group to call them "Shogun", then it's going to be "Skinjob Brig-Bait" now. That's fantastic. Although that does sound fairly Spongebob-ish.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.