Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Sullivan
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps I should be posting this under the King & Intrigue expansion rules page but there seems to be a few of them,

I've been playing El Grande for years now and we all love it. We finally decided to take the plunge and try the expanions. We started with King and the Intrigue and are already disappointed that we had like 13 rules questions during the game that none of us could find an answer for. Is there a FAQ or something regarding all the cards? A TON of them really aren't clear.

For instance, what if a player plays Espionage in round one and another plays Espionage in round 3. What happens during scoring exactly?

Or what if a second player plays the card that allows double scoring of a region during scoring? If that player goes into the pile, won't they see what the first player picked?

Anyway, we had a ton of problems of this nature and everyone hated the ambiguity of the cards. But we liked the idea of making your own deck. I suspect we'll just play regular El Grande cuz it seems very balanced and tons of fun and never gets old. I don't want to spoil their impressions of the game by playing expansions that don't seem to have been playtested very well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrew
Australia
bayswater
western australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We played the King and Intrigue on the week end and had the same issue..

The major one being card 130 (double points for a region next scoring).. Is this meant to be secret or public? If one is face down and the rest are face up, where's the secret?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.