Michael Commorato
United States
Staten Island
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Weapons Control lets you Attack 1 Cylon Ship.

Does that include a Basestar?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Buckle
United Kingdom
Thornton Heath
Croydon
flag msg tools
designer
NSKN are publishing my next game :)
badge
Omega Centauri Published in 2014
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep,

Roll 5-8 and you draw a damage token

You can also attack a basestar with a viper, but you need an 8.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
mercom wrote:
Weapons Control lets you Attack 1 Cylon Ship.

Does that include a Basestar?

The answer to your question is contained in the Combat Roll table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Commorato
United States
Staten Island
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I'm aware that you could Attack a Basestar hence the Stats on the Combat Table, but, I wasn't sure it was considered a 'Cylon Ship' for Rules purposes. (Meaning not just attacking Raiders).

I wanted to make sure there wasn't some other way Basestars were Attacked.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mercom wrote:
Yes, I'm aware that you could Attack a Basestar hence the Stats on the Combat Table, but, I wasn't sure it was considered a 'Cylon Ship' for Rules purposes. (Meaning not just attacking Raiders).

I wanted to make sure there wasn't some other way Basestars were Attacked.

Thanks!

The other way would be to pop a nuke off at it (make sure to use table on back cover of rules, the info on admiral card is wrong)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vipers can attack it and hit on an 8. Recommended only if you happen to be using a max firepower on raiders in the same sector and run out of smaller ships to kill. Even a single max firepower vs a basestar is worse odds than simply discarding the max firepower and going to weapons control and shooting from there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
InfoCynic wrote:
Vipers can attack it and hit on an 8. Recommended only if you happen to be using a max firepower on raiders in the same sector and run out of smaller ships to kill. Even a single max firepower vs a basestar is worse odds than simply discarding the max firepower and going to weapons control and shooting from there.
At that point, it seems it's more about bragging rights.

Hmmm, it was mentioned in Star Wars lore that the legendary Rogue Squandron was so good, it could take down a Star Destroyer on its own. Never got to see enough Raiders vs battlestar nor viper vs basestar action. In the show nor in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
InfoCynic wrote:

It's not quite that bad. 4 shots with a 1/8 chance of hitting nets about a 41% chance of scoring at least one hit, and about an 8% chance of scoring at least two (don't add these together - the 41% includes the 8% already).

If you see an advantage to staying in space (say you've got another max firepower and want to be ready in case you miss and the basestar launches raiders), then it may be a good play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it's not impossible that it's a good play, but most of the time I'd rather take the 50% from weapons control, or just play an XO (unless I'm boomer).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
InfoCynic wrote:
Well, it's not impossible that it's a good play, but most of the time I'd rather take the 50% from weapons control, or just play an XO (unless I'm boomer).

Just pointing out that you're only netting a 9% bump going to Weapons Control (a little less, actually, it's 41.38%). That's nothing to sneeze at, but is worth thinking about.

What's a bigger issue is whether you want to chuck a card as valuable as Max Firepower (value 4 or 5) at something like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Presumably you have something less valuable to throw, the point was to compare directly to max firepower which means you have to have that. I'd happy toss one of my launch scouts (all pilots draw purple) or repair cards. But XO is probably the best option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. I don't think there's a single pilot that can't/doesn't pull green cards, so that's likely to be the best option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually the only character who doesn't / can't pull green is Boomer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
InfoCynic wrote:
Actually the only character who doesn't / can't pull green is Boomer.
And even then, one has to consider that Apollo could get 0 to 2 green per draw (split with yelllow), Starbuck who gets 0 to 1 green per draw (split with blue), and Baltar who only gets 1 (altho his special power could let him draw a 2nd one). There's always a chance that these folks are likely to draw only Declare Emergencies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.