Popular Tags: [View All]
Don Eskridge
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have added sets of probabilities to The Resistance game page. I tried to insert the graphs here as well, but I just can't seem to apply the same wiki code to general posts and I don't feel like reformatting it a third time.

One of my primary goals in the design process was making sure the game scaled well between all numbers of players and remained relatively consistent in terms of probabilities. In viewing the probability table for how likely the Empire is to receive a set of plans, you can see the general differences between player numbers. Other than the 6 player game, which has a clear yet unavoidable outlier at the '2 plan' level, the probabilities are very stable.

The 'range' statistical measure is very useful here. There is only 28% max difference between games. No matter how many people are playing, it's guaranteed that the probability of an Imperial Spy receiving a set of plans is never more than 28% different between games, and even that is pretty rare.

Anyway, thought people might be interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stella fernandis
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Hi,

It is such a useful article and I found a lot of information with the help of this article. Thank you so much for sharing.

Stellaf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.