Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Walters
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Here is the setup:
Three of us are playing Formula De using 2 cars each with a 2 lap race using the East Park expansion track. We are ignoring the jump for our race.

The East Park track is orientated so that the printing is correctly positioned for the viewer

My question is: that when a driver exits the Lake shore Drive turn and heads to the bridge; remaining in the right lane of 4-lane staright. If he by-passes the first space of the 2-lane headed towards the North Streeter Drive turn, and continues on to the second space of the 2-lane and enters the 2 lane; can he then change lanes in this area to the right and not violate the "zig-zag" rule?

A similar question arises at the exit of the Lake Shore Drive turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Eucker
United States
Cedar Grove
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Looks to me that the SHORTEST ROUTE to a space on the INSIDE of the 2-lane section you are referring to would have to be made taking the first space into that section. Taking the second space in and then changing lanes to the inside would require one more space movement and thereby not be allowed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Where were you hiding when the storm broke?
Philippines
Manila
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say he could not do that on a single turn. However, if he bypasses the first space entering/heading to North Streeter and enters the second/further space, and then stays in that lane until the end of his turn, on his next turn he would then be able to change lanes to the right. The zig-zag rule only applies within a single player turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.