Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric O. LEBIGOT
France
Versailles
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

When a unit is discarded (because the damage done was higher than the Discard Value), does the unit behind it go automatically to the front rank? or is there one less card in the front rank?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Thurston
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The 2nd rank troop will move up to fill the gap left by the discarded troop and become the new front rank.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric O. LEBIGOT
France
Versailles
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Riptorch wrote:
The 2nd rank troop will move up to fill the gap left by the discarded troop and become the new front rank.
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alec Clair
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the case of instant discard a troop can be discarded in the middle of a duration, in that case:

Does the troop that move up to fill the gap can be selected as a chosen troop in the same duration (this will allows more than 3 troops to be selected in one duration) or must you wait the until the next duration to be allowed to select this troop?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric O. LEBIGOT
France
Versailles
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
deltarn wrote:
In the case of instant discard a troop can be discarded in the middle of a duration, in that case:

Does the troop that move up to fill the gap can be selected as a chosen troop in the same duration (this will allows more than 3 troops to be selected in one duration) or must you wait the until the next duration to be allowed to select this troop?
Good question, I think! Not sure about the full answer, though...

Nigel said that a duration is 3 rounds. It is true that the Art of the Warrior says on p. 11 that "If all 3 Troop Cards int he Front Rank are flipped, then the Duration is over", but I understand that this is only a special case (when there were no Instant Discards), not the general case. I think a Duration can be thought of as a fixed unit of time (3 rounds).

As for whether the troop that moved to the Front Rank can fight in the same Duration, I don't know. It looks to me that nothing in the rules prevents using 2 units from the same column in a single Duration, but I'm not sure this makes sense, thematically, if a Duration is a fixed unit of time (it takes time for the back troop to get to the front and fight). Help!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric O. LEBIGOT
France
Versailles
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lebigot wrote:
As for whether the troop that moved to the Front Rank can fight in the same Duration, I don't know. It looks to me that nothing in the rules prevents using 2 units from the same column in a single Duration, but I'm not sure this makes sense, thematically, if a Duration is a fixed unit of time (it takes time for the back troop to get to the front and fight). Help!!!
OK, this has been answered by Nigel here on BGG: one fight per column per Duration! This makes sense if a Duration is a fixed amount of time. Plus, Nigel recommends to flip the new card in the Front Rank; this way, the rules are correct when they say that a duration ends when all three front rank cards are flipped!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.