Popular Tags: [View All]
Hamish Sterling
Australia
Cairns
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Hello, this is my first post!

I've made a prototype of a dice rolling cricket game. I won't say it's similar to any game in particular, but it shares the same mechanics of rolling dice and luck.

It's for the pub / travelling / light entertainment groups that like cricket and the thrill of taking wickets and scoring runs. It contains 5 or 6 dice (still considering the final version), a simple to undertand rules sheet and comes in a small pocket-size container/bag.

What makes its' point of differnce is it can be made easier/more difficult to take wickets, depending on the format you choose. Ie Test match, ODI or Twenty20.

I have designed 'add-ons' for the game, but they will be looked at later.

I've had custom dice priced. I've done so testing but more needs to be done.

So, my questions are these, if anyone can help?

1.As I plan to make each unit price quite low (below AUD$10), should I self-publish / sell the product myself?

2.Would making clay dice make it lose its' appeal? Or give it a real hand-made look?

3.Would it be any better to present it to an agent/publisher?

Any advice would be great!

H

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim P.
United States
Thousand Oaks
CA
flag msg tools
Visit the Wargame Bootcamp guild
badge
Muppet !
mbmbmbmbmb
You could self-publish as a print-n-play to get feedback and extra play testing, and then step up to a full game after generating a buzz.

I would be interested in finding out more about the game, have you added an entry here on BGG ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hamish Sterling
Australia
Cairns
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I'm not sure where to post it on here?!?!

This week I plan to mock up 20 sets and give them out to be passed around and tested some more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon "that sci-fi guy"
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Add_New_Item

Go through the steps and include as much info as possible. You may get some feedback from users looking at the entry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.