Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric O. LEBIGOT
France
Versailles
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

When a card (or cards) are accessed in the Research and Development stack, is this card revealed (to the Corp)? I'd say no, as I have not seen any mention of this in the rule book, but can anybody confirm this?

Furthermore, can upgrades affect the runner, when obtained from the R&D stack when accessing it? Again, I'd say no, but a confirmation would be welcome. However, upgrades installed on R&D do affect the runner, right?

To summarize: my understanding is that only installed cards (i.e. not cards from the R&D stack or the headquarter hand) can affect the Runner: is this correct? or is it possible for the Corp to have "active" traps (upgrades) in their hand?

I'm asking these questions because Sparky's "Run flowchart" says:
Quote:

16. Runner: Run is now considered successful. Choose the order in which you want to access the cards there, including face-down cards.

17. Corp: Cards affect Runner in the order he or she chose. Any face-down cards are revealed.
Should point 17 really say something like "Installed cards affect..." and "Any installed face-down card..."?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cope
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

lebigot wrote:
When a card (or cards) are accessed in the Research and Development stack, is this card revealed (to the Corp)? I'd say no, as I have not seen any mention of this in the rule book, but can anybody confirm this?

You are correct. The card is not revealed to the Corp.

lebigot wrote:
Furthermore, can upgrades affect the runner, when obtained from the R&D stack when accessing it?

No, not usually. There are cards which explicitly state effects that occur when accessed from places other than Nodes. So unless the card says otherwise, nothing happens when the card is accessed from R&D.

lebigot wrote:

I'm asking these questions because Sparky's "Run flowchart" says:
Quote:

16. Runner: Run is now considered successful. Choose the order in which you want to access the cards there, including face-down cards.

17. Corp: Cards affect Runner in the order he or she chose. Any face-down cards are revealed.
Should point 17 really say something like "Installed cards affect..." and "Any installed face-down card..."?
[/q]

You're right -- it should probably be slightly more clear. I do not believe this applies to R&D.

Take care.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.