United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
Any of you that know me, know that I'm a sucker for professional wrestling.

I prefer to be called a mark, thank you.

Anyway when I saw these WWE themed poker chips sitting at the local Meijer well I just had to buy them. Oh wow, look! There are rules for some sort of game that these chips used to play! Cool!

One impulse buy and four packs later I'm at home cracking these things open. Wow look at this shiny gold one with John Cena on it! And look each one has a 'chip value,' I can't wait to see what kind of game this is. Let's check out the rules.

Really? I suppose I should have known, but really? Tossing the chips on the floor to make them flip? Throwing them at a target? Seeing who can spin their chip the longest? This is the best you could come up with?

And why put a 'chip value' on each one? It never gets used for anything. But there's a bright side, there's also a German Spongebob version that is compatible. So if you wanted to see if Stone Cold Steve Austin could beat Squidward err... I mean Thaddaus, now you can.

I shouldn't be surprised at all to see yet another blatant cash grab by either Topps or the WWE, but I was hoping for some sort of watered-down Clout Fantasy type game with a WWE theme. I suppose I could try to create one, and I might at some point, but for now I'm going to go and stare sadly at my stack of chips and think about what might have been.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molnar
United States
Ridgewood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are the rulez for one of the games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
molnar wrote:

I'm slightly confused about step 5.. Is there an FAQ or errata anywhere?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
One day, one of us has to sit him down and explain that pro wrestling is targetted at pre-teens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
One day, one of us has to sit him down and explain that pro wrestling is targetted at pre-teens.

That is not entiely true Paul...and besides, don't you play with little toys called Monsterpocalypse et. al.,

Good god almighty! He's gonna get killed! From right here, in this very thread!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Krehbiel
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was looking at the rules and while it seems an even split of whether ridiculous-purple-shirt-guy and green-top-lady wins a given "game," the first three I clicked on had him claiming victory while she held her head in shame, which just made me think, "Man, this is just as masoginistic as pro wrestling!" Of course, the fact that she seems to be wearing leather pants might be enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vandemonium wrote:
That is not entiely true Paul...and besides, don't you play with little toys called Monsterpocalypse et. al.,

Yes, but I accept that.

The level of complexity should not surprise him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
vandemonium wrote:

Yes, but I accept that.

Uhm, I'm right here. Quit talking about me like I'm not in the room!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dedbob wrote:
molnar wrote:

I'm slightly confused about step 5.. Is there an FAQ or errata anywhere?
Yes the 'winner' is required to be an arrogant prick while the 'loser' MUST hang their head in shame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cold_fuzion wrote:
Geosphere wrote:
vandemonium wrote:

Yes, but I accept that.

Uhm, I'm right here. Quit talking about me like I'm not in the room!

You weren't here when I posted that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
vandemonium wrote:

Yes, but I accept that.

Meh. I don't read it as surprise so much as weary acceptance that marketing sucks.

Can you smeeeel what the Van is cooking????*

* sorry - had burritos for lunch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Fantastic
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cold_fuzion wrote:
Yes the 'winner' is required to be an arrogant prick while the 'loser' MUST hang their head in shame.

Odd that they need to write out the most basic rule of all gaming, but I guess it is targeted to kids who might not know the facts of life yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bryant
United States
Jamaica Plain
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yah looks like the game was designed by a bunch of marketing guys who had to figure out what you could do with poker chips in about 5 minutes.

That panel does say a lot with few pictures. Seems like a rather dapper wrestling fan.

If nothing else here is a great little avatar thanks to it.

(De-railed) Why has Mick Foley's run in TNA bringing the show so far down? All the guys I started watching the program to see are never shown any more. I know he is a huge tubby but that does not mean the X-division and their lightweight youths should loose all their air time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
riledguy wrote:

(De-railed) Why has Mick Foley's run in TNA bringing the show so far down? All the guys I started watching the program to see are never shown any more. I know he is a huge tubby but that does not mean the X-division and their lightweight youths should loose all their air time.
Sadly I have to agree with you. Last night's show was awful, just awful. It was like the Mick Foley fun hour minus the fun. And who in the hell keeps giving Scott Steiner matches while Jay Lethal & AJ Styles sit around counting ceiling tiles!?!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.