Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason's Good Twin
United States
New Cumberland
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
So, I see that each game comes with a player recommendation rating. I also found one of the "Ultimate num players" geeklists that were around before the above mechanism was available.

So, as a new user, I'm at a total loss to know how I can find all games recommended with x num of players in order of game rating. I'm sure this is something simple, but I just can't figure out how!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you try the advanced game search (to the right of the games search box)? You can put in number of players, and a rating range. So you could find all 3-player games with a user rating of 8-10.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re-reading it, I think you just want to know which games in the top 100 will play with 5 players (for example). You could use the search to look for 5 player games, and then click on "Rank" at the top of the first column to sort on rank.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
Look to the past and learn for the future.
badge
Let go Jets!
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out this geeklist: User Suggested Number Of Players - Sorted By Number Of Players (Top 350 Games) or this one: Ultimate Optimum # of Players List (BGG Top 288) RESULTS SO FAR...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason's Good Twin
United States
New Cumberland
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
Re-reading it, I think you just want to know which games in the top 100 will play with 5 players (for example). You could use the search to look for 5 player games, and then click on "Rank" at the top of the first column to sort on rank.

I actually wanted to know all games BEST for 5 player (for example) ordered by BGG/user rating. The advanced search lets you search by number of allowable players, but not the "best".

So, the geeklists are the place to go?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or, you could make a recommendation thread, and say what you're looking for... a coop that's great for 5, or a sci-fi theme, or whatever. That might be the most direct way, bearing in mind that "best" is subjective. Some people might like Agricola best with 5, and some might like it best with 2. But if you ask for games that are great with 5, and maybe give some more idea what you like, I'm sure you'll have a solid list to look into.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason's Good Twin
United States
New Cumberland
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
Or, you could make a recommendation thread, and say what you're looking for... a coop that's great for 5, or a sci-fi theme, or whatever. That might be the most direct way, bearing in mind that "best" is subjective. Some people might like Agricola best with 5, and some might like it best with 2. But if you ask for games that are great with 5, and maybe give some more idea what you like, I'm sure you'll have a solid list to look into.

Gotcha, so there isn't a BGG search way to do this. I'll stick with this suggestion and using the geeklist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.